Author Topic: Awesome Site  (Read 1479 times)

dougboy1970

Awesome Site
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
I'm excited to be on this Taylor only forum...I know I'll learn a lot.

I play a 2008 Taylor GS8 and have also recently added a Taylor GS Mini Mahogany which I would call "Mini Me," but the beautiful mahogany top makes it seem so different from the GS8 that I can't do that.

I love watching review vids so much I decided to create my own for these guitars which can be found at:

Part 1 - the gs8 is featured here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsLvbgWYNYI

Part 2- the GS mini mahogany is featured here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klMWHCxYHt8

I also write songs (mostly about God and some about girls :) and have recorded a bunch (on a crappy fostex, trying to upgrade to a duet now...)  You can hear and download them at www.reverbnation.com/dougandrew.  Love to play anywhere at anytime, so if you like the music feel free to contact me to book.

I've also owned a 2001 Taylor 614ce which I sold and in retrospect find this to be one of the few regrets of my life.  I should have kept that beauty as right about now it would be fully coming into its own.

I had a Big Baby, too, which I don't miss as much, but it was a great value at the time, right around $300.

I think if I bought another Taylor I would try to get back to the Maple and perhaps get a GA6, rather than the 614ce...I'd love to hear what people have to say about the potential differences between the two, so i'll create a separate thread for that question.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to hearing what all of you have to say!

Doug Andrew

Rejoice Music

• Rejoice Music
Re: Awesome Site
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
Hi Doug,

Welcome to the forum!  I'm a newbie too (but have been known to have been a guitar forum junkie in the past).  You will enjoy all the Taylor talk & the nice folks here as well.  Nice to 'meet' you!  :)
- Rebecca
rejoicemusic.org

dougboy1970

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »
Thanks, Rebecca!  I just checked out your website and saw your beautiful collection of guitars!  WOW! 

I was hoping to hear some of your worship songs...let us know when they're posted or when the CD is available.  I've found reverbnation.com a good place to post songs...mine are at www.reverbnation.com/dougandrew...

Have a wonderful day and weekend in the Lord!

Doug

Rejoice Music

• Rejoice Music
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
Thanks, Doug.  Actually some of the guitars in that group photo are no longer with me, and a couple of other ones have joined the group.  I need to update my site.  Thanks too for your interest in my album.  It is in the works finally and will hopefully be finished by the years' end.  I will let you know when it is.

Blessings to you in Him.  :)
- Rebecca
rejoicemusic.org

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »
 Hi Doug. Welcome to the site.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"