Author Topic: Bob Taylor  (Read 1635 times)

MDS08

Bob Taylor
« on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:56 AM »
I was at Guitar Center and was told Bob Taylor lived in Portsmouth,Va. in his early school years. I was told this by a friend whom I have known for years and was told of two guys whom I know but have not seen in a few years that they went to school with him in Virginia, and the two visited his home and toured the factory. I don't have any reason to not believe him but has anyone heard this and what years did this occure? I have read his book and I don't remember reading it other than he moved around some because of his father's job. A GC employee said he had heard this aswell.
2010 910
2013 D18

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
Re: Bob Taylor
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:41:42 AM »
Ah, the old "Friend of a friend" story...   ;)

His father was a career Navy guy, so I would guess that's possible.  I also read the book and don't remember Portsmouth in particular, but he did mention long road trips in the family car so I guess it could be true...
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato

MDS08

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
Yes, I do remember reading that. Well anyway if he did live here a short time it makes it even that much more special to own a wonderful Taylor guitar.
2010 910
2013 D18

jalbert

• I should be practicing
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
Good question. I know that by his teens he was settled in a suburb of San Diego called Clairemont. In fact, we both went to the same high school--about 15 years apart--and even had the same metal shop teacher. (That skill never quite caught on with me!) It was fun to reminisce a bit with him.
James

'07 GA8-12
'19 Academy 12e-N