Author Topic: Spreading the word about our new Taylor forum...  (Read 6329 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Spreading the word about our new Taylor forum...
« on: December 08, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
Thanks to one of our members...."Cindy"...who put our web address in her signature...we also welcome new member "Guitar Rodeo" to our website as well!!! (GuitarRodeo found out about our site via the link in her sig.)  Yes, it's the same "Guitar Rodeo" that we all know from the other forum!

I think we could easily AND RESPECTFULLY help spread the word about this forum/website if we put our website address in our signatures...for when we post on the "other" forum.

What do you all think?  Any other/better ideas for getting our name out there?

Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Re: Spreading the word about our new Taylor forum...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:54:22 PM »
I mentioned in the other thread that I've been notifying members individually.  I'm afraid that if AGF gets wind of people putting a rival URL in a signature, they'll start canceling our accounts.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Iplay2

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:55:20 PM »
Thanks to one of our members...."Cindy"...who put our web address in her signature...we also welcome new member "Guitar Rodeo" to our website as well!!! (GuitarRodeo found out about our site via the link in her sig.)  Yes, it's the same "Guitar Rodeo" that we all know from the other forum!

I think we could easily AND RESPECTFULLY help spread the word about this forum/website if we put our website address in our signatures...for when we post on the "other" forum.

Yay for Jim and Guitar Rodeo!!

And thank you for adding the respectfully part. 

bo1142

• Knoxville, TN
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »
I've already posted it on the Taylor group on Facebook, but that page doesn't get much traffic, even though there are 1,800 members.
Boone

My Taylor's:
2001 614ce
2007 GC6e
2008 K24ce
2011 814ce
2011 GSmini w/es-go

My other:
2002 Yamaha FG433s
2003 Fender Strat MIM
2005 Fender P Bass
2011 Mogan Monroe MMS-2 mandolin
2011 Makai LK-80w ukelele

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »

If Jim @Guitar Rodeo is reading this...HI!!! I LOVE my adi/maddie BTO!  8)

Josh, since the officials over at the AGF now know about this forum, they may keep tabs on what is posted here. I'm sure they will keep tabs on you over there so please be careful and respectful with what you post there. So far no one from there has contacted me yet about my signature, and it hasn't been altered. I'll let everyone know if that changes.

For those who are members of other guitar forums, hopefully you will consider posting about this new forum. As for Facebook, I'm not sure what's going on over there. bo1142, you mentioned posting a comment there, but I don't see anything. And yesterday I posted a question there asking if Taylor Guitars has any comment about the Taylor section of the AGF being removed. My post doesn't show up either. The only main posts that seem to make it to the page are posted by Taylor. Only comments about those posts seem to show up by "other" people. Ben at Taylor said we should use the Facebook page as a "forum", but obviously that isn't going to work since it doesn't seem like we can start any new discussions.
Cindy

Brian Swerdfeger @ Taylor

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:16:39 PM »
Aloha Friends - I'm here as well!

We're working as fast as we can to finish the all-new Taylor site by the third week of January 2012. It will have a complete community section and forum, and we'd love to have your input. Please send suggestions via Facebook and the PR link from the current Taylor site.

Cheers,
B

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Uh-oh...I just received a PM from the AGF that they don't allow other forums to compete with theirs, and the link in my signature there has been removed.
Cindy

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »
Hey there Brian,

Welcome aboard!  Glad to see you here, friend!!

Edward

e8n

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:25 AM »
Once the Taylor forum over there goes away, this forum isn't competing, is it?  They have let the Blueridge folks post for a few years about their forum.  Not sure why they wouldn't allow this.

-Dave
2011 Taylor Custom GS (Adi/Rosewood)
2012 Taylor 814LTD Spring Limited
2008 Fender Telecaster
2010 Kentucky Mandolin

Guitars of the past: Alvarez AD60, 2007 Taylor 110ce, 2006 Taylor 710ce, Taylor 2008 GS Fall Ltd, 2010 Taylor 814ce, 2010 Taylor K26c,2010 Taylor Custom DN, Taylor 714ce

Andromeda

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
I noticed that Guitar Rodeo is no longer a sponsor over at the AGF. Oh, well. Glad to see Jim here.
2016 Taylor Custom Cedar-Rosewood GS
2015 Breedlove Discovery Dreadnaught
2012 Alvarez ABT60 Baritone

Namasté

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »
I noticed that Guitar Rodeo is no longer a sponsor over at the AGF. Oh, well. Glad to see Jim here.

At some point in the not too distant future I think we'll definitely consider having sponsors. As of right now I just consider it a privilege to even have their presence here on our new forum.  I'm absolutely thrilled to have them.  I know you all feel the same way.  They also add legitimatecy to our board.  Having Brian from "Quality Taylor Guitars" helps as well.  ;). We all know the Taylor dealers that are represented on here already...no need to mention them by name but I'm hoping that you all will continue to support their businesses as you make future Taylor guitar purchases.

As stated before I'm just hoping to build our community.  :)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

DMBfan41

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
I'll spread the word anyway I can regardless of the "scarlet letter" it might bring.  Really excited to know there is a place dedicated to discussion of the guitar I love the most.

Regardless if Taylor's official forum prospers or not, I find most comfort with discussion in "non-corporate" locations.  Just the feel of it I suppose.
Chad

Taylor 414ce L7
Taylor GSmini
Taylor 214e
Taylor 214
Martin OMCX1KE
Fender Classic 50's Strat

Jack Sparrow

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »
Looks like the "other" forum has not only locked but also deleted the thread about merging their Taylor forum and also the thread about the upcoming official Taylor forum ... won't say any more about that, but thought you all might like to know.

bo1142

• Knoxville, TN
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
Its sad that it has become a hot topic over there, but I'm more than happy to be here.  Josh, I think the word is spreading the best way it can, and thats word of mouth.  I've found that that is the best advertising you can get.  It rare these days to here somebody recommend something, so when they do, people listen.  Keep up the good work!
Boone

My Taylor's:
2001 614ce
2007 GC6e
2008 K24ce
2011 814ce
2011 GSmini w/es-go

My other:
2002 Yamaha FG433s
2003 Fender Strat MIM
2005 Fender P Bass
2011 Mogan Monroe MMS-2 mandolin