Author Topic: Hi Everybody  (Read 1151 times)

Taylorism

Hi Everybody
« on: April 21, 2021, 12:11:01 PM »
I have a 2004 Taylor 214. Bought it new in 2004 and it sounds better than ever. My next Taylor is going to be the 714ce V-brace; yep, that's quite a leap. I have a rule, always have a guitar that is at least 100 times better than I can play. I have never broken this rule.

My username is a (not necessarily positive) nod towards Frederick Winslow Taylor, key contributor to a management practice that came to be known as Scientific Management (a.k.a. Taylorism). While the reductionist orientation to work certainly led to productivity improvements in the short term, scientific management is a root cause of many modern workplace maladies (carpel tunnel, repetitive stress injuries, etc.). My sense is that Taylor guitars are made in exactly the opposite fashion, which is one reason they are among the best guitars ever made.

I'm excited to join this site and look forward to learning and hopefully contributing to the common good. See you around.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Re: Hi Everybody
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 08:51:00 PM »
Welcome Taylorism!

So glad you could join us. I acquired a 714 V class guitar last year and I'm still in love with it! I'm excited for you! Enjoy your stay...
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Hi Everybody
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 05:06:53 PM »
Welcome! Glad you found us :) . Enjoy your time here.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!