Author Topic: New from Nevada  (Read 959 times)

ClariUke

New from Nevada
« on: March 06, 2021, 10:18:42 PM »
Purchased my (our) first two Taylor guitars today. My wife got the Academy 12e-N and I got the 312ce 12-fret. She’s upgrading from an old Yamaha C40 and I’m upgrading from a Breedlove Atlas Solo.

We are public school music teachers, or rather music “fakers” during the pandemic rules. She teaches choir and I teach band. The ONLY thing we have been able to do with our students is ukulele and guitar. We shifted our band class and choir classes to ukulele with the band also learning bucket drumming. Since playing ukulele and guitar has been enjoyable we decided to spoil ourselves a little.

Guitars are being adjusted and should ship next week. Can’t wait!

Driveblind

Re: New from Nevada
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 11:14:59 PM »
Welcome! That sounds like a nice new pair of guitars.
2019 Taylor 414ce LTD

Electrics
90s Rickenbacker 360
80s Rickenbacker 620
Epiphone Sheraton II Union Jack
90s Epiphone Les Paul
MIM Fender Telecaster
Build-by-me Fender-style Jazzuar
Fender Jazz Bass

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 12:01:46 AM »
Congratulations ClariUke,  You picked a couple of winners there.  Enjoy them.
In school band I played the Clarinet.  I can't imagine what it would be like to be in band class these days.   
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 07:02:03 AM »
Welcome and congrats on the two new Taylors...fine choices. Thank you for what you do, as teachers!
I'm also a band geek from my school years...flute for 2 years, then alto sax for 6 years. I can't even imagine doing band class remotely. I feel bad for you and your students, because band was awesome, with the camaraderie, concerts, marching, etc. Can't get that remotely!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 01:29:11 PM »
Welcome ClariUke!

Nice guitars to support your noble effort in bringing music to the next generation. Thanks for all you do, and enjoy your stay!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 04:06:25 PM »
Welcome, ClariUke! It's nice to have you here.

Although Sapele isn't an expensive wood, I happen to love its tone! Both of your choices are great. Kudos to thinking outside the box to continue to share and teach music. In a day and age when music classes can be on the chopping block for some schools, it's nice to see music teachers who are dedicated.  Are you teaching remotely? Or is the school limiting singing and playing wind instruments so masks can be worn?

Enjoy your two acquisitions once they arrive. In the meantime, pull up a chair and roast some marshmallows while you wait. Just be sure to sit 6-feet away from everyone in our virtual outdoor campground. ;)
Cindy