Author Topic: Just joined from Massachusetts  (Read 743 times)

Driveblind

Just joined from Massachusetts
« on: March 05, 2021, 08:37:34 AM »
Hello UTGF! After a few months of looking everywhere online and playing in a few local places, I finally went for it and got my first nice acoustic guitar this week. Since it’s a Taylor, it seemed like an appropriate time to join this site. I’ve been playing guitar for over 20 years and while I have a decent collection of electric guitars that I like, I’ve made do with a 90s Alvarez electro-acoustic dreadnaught that I got in a trade with a good friend for a weird 80s synth. I wanted to find something a little less boomy, more comfortable, and clear sounding, so of course I was drawn to the Taylor line. I looked up and down the Taylor line (fortunate to have a somewhat-flexible budget right now) and I started to zero in on the 300 and 400 series. I found an older 315 at a local shop that was very intriguing but I decided that a jumbo wasn’t what I needed right now. Ultimately, I came across a still-new 414ce LTD with V-class bracing and Black Limba back/sides (2019 NAMM special) that I fell in love with. It showed up here earlier this week and I couldn’t be happier with it. Anyhow, I wanted to say hi to everyone here; now I need to get back to playing.
2019 Taylor 414ce LTD

Electrics
90s Rickenbacker 360
80s Rickenbacker 620
Epiphone Sheraton II Union Jack
90s Epiphone Les Paul
MIM Fender Telecaster
Build-by-me Fender-style Jazzuar
Fender Jazz Bass

Toucan256

• Veteran Member
Re: Just joined from Massachusetts
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 07:50:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum,and to Taylor guitars. Very friendly and helpful people here. Enjoy.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 08:54:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum. We hope you stick around and join in. Enjoy your time here.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 05:15:52 PM »
Welcome Driveblind!
Love your first Taylor pick. I think you're gonna have many years of enjoyment with that.  Glad you could join us!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood