Author Topic: New member in Ohio  (Read 735 times)

Icatfishman

New member in Ohio
« on: February 21, 2021, 10:01:15 PM »
New to group. I’ve been playing for over 50 years. Primarily an older Martin guy but own a Taylor mini as a beater/traveling guitar. I have owned this instrument for four years and played it electrified three times. Electronics have completely fallen apart and produce basically nothing but feedback. I’d like to have a working instrument. Is this a common problem ? What does it cost to fix and does Taylor honor their warranties?

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Re: New member in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of that kind of problem with the electronics on a GS Mini, but I can attest that Taylor definitely will honor their warranty. Give them a call and see for yourself! Let us know how it turns out.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: New member in Ohio
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 09:44:42 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I agree with SF. If you are the original purchaser of the GS mini, give Taylor a call. Their Customer Service and warranty is really good. We haven't heard of Taylor electronics that have "completely fallen apart" here on the forum. Maybe a little more information would help. The folks here are usually quite helpful. But again, I think it warrants a call to Taylor.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!