Author Topic: New member from S. Florida & Helsinki  (Read 993 times)

Chris_T

New member from S. Florida & Helsinki
« on: December 16, 2020, 04:00:27 AM »
Greetings!

I bit about me- I took advantage of this virus situation back in March to scratch an itch and started on a journey to finally play the guitar after a long career as an air guitar player.  ;)

I was born without fingers on my left hand and quickly figured out that left-handed was the way to go, after of course buying a right-handed model. Thus I was very quickly a two guitar owner.

I have progressed from having never formed or played a single chord (and quite a bit of time cursing the G chord) to progressing much more than I ever imagined possible at the ripe old age of 60 something.

I’m looking forward to learning, sharing, and becoming part of the like-minded community here.

My name is Chris and I’m a guitar addict.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:01:02 AM by Chris_T »
2020: Taylor 114ce- sitka spruce/layered walnut
2020: Martin GPCPA4- sitka spruce/sapele
2021: Taylor 618e- sitka spruce/flamed maple
2021: PRS- SE Custom 24

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: New member from S. Florida & Helsinki
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 08:23:38 AM »
Welcome Chris, your story is very inspiring. So happy that acoustic guitar is now a part of your life. Do you currently own a Taylor or are you in the market for one? Or maybe either, which is fine too. We welcome all players here.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:42:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum Chris_T.  Glade you made it.  Enjoy.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Chris_T

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 10:26:53 AM »
Welcome Chris, your story is very inspiring. So happy that acoustic guitar is now a part of your life. Do you currently own a Taylor or are you in the market for one? Or maybe either, which is fine too. We welcome all players here.

I have a 114ce that I bought 2 months ago (and what a difference it made from the Ibanez I started with). I will also soon have a 618e that Taylor is making for me.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:00:12 AM by Chris_T »
2020: Taylor 114ce- sitka spruce/layered walnut
2020: Martin GPCPA4- sitka spruce/sapele
2021: Taylor 618e- sitka spruce/flamed maple
2021: PRS- SE Custom 24

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 11:21:07 AM »

I have a 114ce that I bought 2 months ago (and what a difference it made from the Ibanez I started with). I will also soon have a 618e that Taylor is making for me.
You know, I should have known about your 618e...I read that post. It was early.  ::)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!