Author Topic: New to board - Taylor T5z  (Read 1023 times)

Eightbar

New to board - Taylor T5z
« on: December 16, 2020, 12:15:22 AM »
New here. Bought used but like-new Taylor T5z, koa, binding, gloss finish. I love it! I've been a 3- 4- chord strummer for years. Also play a bit of mandolin and ukulele, but never got really serious. Am now retired and decided to get into some serious blues stuff and jazz changes. Bought the T5z because I wanted a neck that had a light electric touch but a guitar that could sound acoustic. This is the the right guitar. Plugged into my Marshall AS50D acoustic amplifier I can get nearly acoustic guitar sound with a lot less wear and tear on my aging left hand. It is also great clean and with a bit of overdrive in my DV Mark Little Jazz amp. I've also been messing around with it unplugged late at night. The guitar has a bunch of other pickup and tone configuration. But if I never use it for anything else, I'm more than happy with it as a really light touch "acoustic" guitar.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: New to board - Taylor T5z
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 06:10:30 AM »
Welcome Eightbar! Congrats on your new T5z. Posts some pics of it when you have time, those are usually real lookers.  :)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:37:43 AM »
Congratulations on the new T5z.  Excellent choice Eightbar.  Here is a second on the request for pictures of your Taylor, Koa is such a beautiful guitar wood choice.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Eightbar

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 11:31:26 PM »
Having trouble posting reply here. I'll try again.

Here is a pic of my t5z. If this posts I'll try to say a bit more.

Eightbar

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 11:38:42 PM »
Ok. That worked! I've been messing around with guitar vs amp settings and have pretty much worked out what I want for decent acoustic finger-picked blues with the great electric neck on this guitar and my Marshall acoustic amp. I can play this for hours - way longer than I can an acoustic on my ancient and none-too-long fingers. I've been having a blast picking various blues and boogies in E and also blues and rags in C - Cocaine Blues, Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out, etc. I love it. Wish I found this guitar and amp combination years ago.

Here's another pic of the guitar when it arrived -- and looked like the monolith from 2001 Space Odyssey.
Jim

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 09:29:38 AM »
Having trouble posting reply here. I'll try again.

Here is a pic of my t5z. If this posts I'll try to say a bit more.
:o, that is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!