Author Topic: Newby from Texas  (Read 1831 times)

pknight6

Newby from Texas
« on: May 24, 2020, 11:26:18 PM »
I am a beginner and have been for 43 years.  I bought an Epiphone FT-120 acoustic in 1977. My BIL at the time played in a C&W band and he started teaching me a little.  That ended when he and my sister split up.  In the ensuing years I have pick up the guitar occasionally and strummed a few chords.  I retired in 2015 planning on cruising and traveling the world.  That plan was working great until Covid-19 came calling.  Being stuck at home made me pick up the guitar again.  I found Guitar Tricks and figured I would try a month.  I learned more in that month than ever before.  I decided I would try an electric and bought a Fender Player Strat Limited Addition and a Fender Champion 50XL amp.  I was having a lot of fun with the Strat, but it spoiled me for the Epiphone.  I decided I needed a better acoustic.  I researched and tried a few and finally settled on the 214ce.  I might never need the c part, but I just fell in love with the look of it.  I've only had the 214ce a couple of days, but I think I am going to love it.  At least until GAS strikes again.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Newby from Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 05:28:04 AM »
Welcome and congrats on the 214ce....they are popular and great guitars. Glad to hear you're back at it.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 08:14:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum pknight6.  Good choice in the 214ce it will serve you well. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 10:28:49 AM »
Welcome pk!

Glad to hear that you've gotten yourself a good quality acoustic. Enjoy your stay!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood