Author Topic: Hello from Pa  (Read 594 times)

Russell Edwards

Hello from Pa
« on: April 30, 2020, 12:48:51 AM »
As a new member, thanks for the welcome. I have had my mind set on getting a mini GS for sometime now, but the more I learn about the mini the more questions I have. I love the Koa plus, but wish there was a better choice of grain, shade depth and I guess if I saw thee one I would know it immediately. Do I buy new, used ? I just don't know. If anyone could suggest a distributer/source, that may offer better choices than what I've found so far, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks, Russell.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Hello from Pa
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 05:48:28 AM »
Welcome Russell. There are quite a few choices for GS mini's. There is a lot of love for them here. I've had 3 different wood choices over the years and am currently waiting for a koa plus myself, when they get out there in the market. Like any guitar, it is a personal choice. There are quite a few reputable on-line dealers and of course great local shops. Any specific places that you are considering?
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hello from Pa
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 07:23:24 AM »
I think you will be able to find a lot of options online, but your local dealer will give you the ability to test out the different Minis they have.  The tone is the all important factor in my opinion. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.