Author Topic: Great Customer Service  (Read 1772 times)

ramrod25

Great Customer Service
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »
I recently purchased a Fall Limited GA in Cocobolo - I can't tell you how pleased I am with the guitar.

Just before Christmas, I drove to Zoo Music in Garland (hope that's ok to say here)  just to look at different Taylor Guitars and play different models - I really wasn't going to purchase one - just wanted to see them.  It was my intention to take my time on this guitar purchase.

I played everything from a baritone to all the different series guitars and although they all sounded great - I just didn't find "the" guitar I was looking for.  Just as I was leaving the salesman handed me this Fall Limited GA and said I should try it before I left.  Went back to their practice room and on the very first strum of the guitar knew I had something very special in my hands.  This guitar has a tremendous voice and is a pleasure to play.

However, after playing it for a couple of weeks, I decided I really wanted a pick guard - so I went to Taylor's web site and read their instructions on how to order a guard.

This is where their great customer service come into the story.  The diameter of my rosette is 5 3/8" - not the standard 5" or 5 1/2".  I called the folks at Taylor and explained the situation.  The gentleman said he would look into it and get back to me.  Next day - I received an email saying that, yes the rosette is not a standard size, so they would send me both a 5" and a 5 1/2" pick guard.  They arrived just yesterday.  I plan on taking my guitar to a luthier in Fort Worth soon and have him fit the most appropriate pick guard.

Can't say enough about how much I appreciate Taylor's considered and timely response.

Regards
Rodney

not darth

• Veteran Member
  • Near the lake in Minnesota.
Re: Great Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »
That's great to hear!  Thanks for passing it on.
Also, I'd be interested in which pickguard ends up working out best for that size, thanks!
:)
-Kris
Member #34
I'm not darth.

cotten

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »
Thanks, Ramrod, for sharing your story. While neither of my Taylors have ever needed help from Taylor's Customer Service, I've read countless reports detailing how they've gained their "above and beyond" reputation for superior Customer Service one customer at a time. In today's business climate, this is truly exemplary!

I would not buy a guitar based on a builder's support after the sale, but if two guitars I was considering were about equally attractive, Taylor Customer Service reputation could well be the deciding factor.  I'm sure it costs Taylor a good bit to maintain their stellar reputation, but I believe it is an investment that pays handsomely in terms of customer loyalty.

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

roadbiker

• Veteran Member
  • Member #100
    • jmaurophoto
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »
I've contacted Taylor customer service on a couple of occasions for issues with the Expression System on my 814ce. They are always very helpful, and I was never put on hold for more than 15 seconds before waiting to speak to someone. Fantastic customer service in my experience.
1980 Guild D50 (Westerly), Antique Sunburst
2010 Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500R Acoustic/Electric
2010 Taylor GS Mini
2011 Taylor 814CE Acoustic/Electric
2015 Taylor 356ce
1975 Carlo Robelli SG Custom (Sam Ash model)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
VOX AGA70

www.jmaurophoto.com

Tammany Tiger

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »
I will second all of these great comments about Taylor Customer Service. They are always knowledgeable, friendly and helpful when I call.

On Wednesday I called to ask about a replacement for one of the latches on a Taylor guitar case. Taylor would not charge me for a replacement and today (Saturday) the new latch was in my mailbox on the East Coast. Thank you, Taylor. You are tops.