Author Topic: Posting videos  (Read 1370 times)

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Posting videos
« on: April 19, 2020, 05:25:02 PM »
Can anyone explain the method of uploading/posting videos directly from the desktop?
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Posting videos
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 10:59:41 PM »
Hey Dennis,

Do you mean just posting a video up like you would use imugr or photobucket for your pics?  I use Vimeo as a video host.  So with a cell video, I simply email it to myself.  Go to my desktop, grab it, and upload to Vimeo.  Free for basic use, and they have upgrade tiers for more storage or fancy tools.

Edward

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 11:53:51 AM »
Hey Dennis,

Do you mean just posting a video up like you would use imugr or photobucket for your pics?  I use Vimeo as a video host.  So with a cell video, I simply email it to myself.  Go to my desktop, grab it, and upload to Vimeo.  Free for basic use, and they have upgrade tiers for more storage or fancy tools.

Edward

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the reply.  Just to clarify: I'm able to upload videos directly to Facebook or YouTube directly from my desktop without having to go through a 3rd party like Vimeo (not that there's anything wrong with that ... just an extra step).  With that in mind, I was wondering if it's also possible to upload videos directly to this forum without having to go through a 3rd party.  I was hoping to avoid the kind of out-of-sync problems you might have seen in my other thread.

- Dennis
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 06:23:49 PM »
Ahh, gotcha!  I figured there was something I didn't understand!  ;)

Edward