Author Topic: Forum rules  (Read 1469 times)

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
Forum rules
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »
Is there some sort of unwritten rule across forum's not to publicize about another one?

- Today I was on the other forum (AG*) and someone asked what happen to the Taylor sub-forum.  I politely said that there was a new forum UTGF that was started and also posted the link here to publicize it.  The next thing I noticed that my post was deleted...

Did I do something terribly wrong?
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
Re: Forum rules
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »
hi Gary,
there have been several threads at the AGF explaining their administrator's decision
to merge the Taylor subforum into the General Discussion subforum & i believe that
the moderators & the administrator at the AGF are doing what is best for their forum -
personally, i would feel 'sleighted' also if one were to suggest an alternate forum
altogether, as it would not be considered revelant to the question that was being asked

i'll try to use another analogy -
if a Burger King employee went into a McDonalds & started handing out coupons for free burgers ...
i would venture to say that the person would asked to kindly remove their coupons from the premises

we are a new forum & in a week, we'll have been active for 2 months -
nearly all of the other forums have been established for a good bit longer (a good number 10 years +)

we have asked that our forum policy, as well as the policy of other forums, not be discussed
in the open area here, out of respect for their moderators & administrator, as well as ours -
please feel free to PM the moderators or administrator at the AGF regarding their decision to remove your post &
if there are any other questions regarding our forum policy, please feel free to PM me, Cindy, Boone or Josh

thank you for your understanding
m
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/