Author Topic: Horrible Accident...  (Read 1112 times)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Horrible Accident...
« on: January 29, 2020, 07:56:50 PM »
I live in a pretty quiet golf course community in northeastern Florida. About a mile from my driveway, though, is the entrance to our neighborhood, which goes out to a pretty busy SR-207.

I'm not sue how this accident happened, but it proves that, as stout and sturdy as a good GMC SUV can be ("We Are Professional Grade"). they're no match for a tractor trailer that's doin' the speed limit.

One fatality in the SUV. It was completely destroyed and the occupants had to be cut out of the vehicle:

Stay safe and alert out there...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 08:13:14 PM by Shutterbug »
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Horrible Accident...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:53:38 AM »
Oh my, that was bad. Distracted driving is real. It's a good reminder that we need to give all our attention to the road and the people/cars around us. We see "stupid" things every day on the road, where we just shake our heads. These accidents are so unfortunate and probably preventable. So sorry for the people involved (in both vehicles), because this changes your world. I agree with Shutterbug, stay safe out there.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 01:11:18 PM »
... it proves that, as stout and sturdy as a good GMC SUV can be ("We Are Professional Grade"). they're no match for a tractor trailer that's doin' the speed limit...

I remain convinced that the concept of conservation of momentum is something that should be taught to -- correction, drummed into the head of -- every student driver.  Mr. Newton wins every time...

And it's the main reason why I shy away from motorcycles, and will never own a Smart car or similar microcar...

Oh my, that was bad. Distracted driving is real. It's a good reminder that we need to give all our attention to the road and the people/cars around us. We see "stupid" things every day on the road, where we just shake our heads. These accidents are so unfortunate and probably preventable. So sorry for the people involved (in both vehicles), because this changes your world. I agree with Shutterbug, stay safe out there.

Agree.  Very sad to see these sorts of things happen.
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

madx2

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 07:58:49 PM »
When I saw the subject line I was expecting "a scratch on my new guitar" theme.  Just shows how minor a guitar ding or scratch is in this world.  My condolences to the family.

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
Found out that the driver of the SUV was the boyfriend of a friend's daughter.

Apparently, he decided to make a u-turn over the median and he turned into the path of the semi. A stupid choice when there was a turn lane about 300' down the road...
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 11:16:46 AM »
Found out that the driver of the SUV was the boyfriend of a friend's daughter.

Apparently, he decided to make a u-turn over the median and he turned into the path of the semi. A stupid choice when there was a turn lane about 300' down the road...
A poor decision that resulted in really bad consequences. Too bad. A preventable death.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!