Author Topic: FSOT: 2014 416ce  (Read 1146 times)

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
FSOT: 2014 416ce
« on: June 16, 2016, 07:00:48 PM »

Up for acquisition, this 2014 Taylor 416ce is in excellent shape and sounds just as fine.  Problem is simple -- It's an outstanding guitar in a house with too many outstanding guitars, particularly larger bodied models.

This is the standard 416ce, with Ovangkol and Sitka as well as ES 1.3 (which I personally prefer over ES 2.0).  I recently replaced the Tusq saddle with a Taylor wave compensated version in Micarta.  The change to Micarta actually brought out a bit more warmth and tonal complexity to the guitar -- Will include original saddle so you can hear the difference yourself.  Also includes Taylor Deluxe OHSC.

I would prefer a straight up trade over a sale.  Looking for a smaller body (000, OM, GA, GC or similar) with 1-3/4" or wider nut, USA build.  Interesting wood combinations welcome, but leaning toward a warmer tone profile.  Pickup and/or cutaway welcome but not required.

Sale price - $1700 shipped/PayPal'd to lower 48.  If in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area, would be happy to meet up with you to save shipping costs.

Pics forthcoming.  Feel free to PM or email with questions and offers.  Thanks!
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
Re: FSOT: 2014 416ce
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 09:28:02 PM »
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato