Author Topic: EPITOME OF DREAMS, please check out my new musical journey!  (Read 906 times)

MarcC

• Epitome of Dreams
EPITOME OF DREAMS, please check out my new musical journey!
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:26:59 PM »
Hi everybody!

Newer member, long time player and big time Taylor fan! I've been fortunate to find myself making music for a couple of years with a lady (Sandi) whom IMHO has an awesome and unique voice, she has re-energized my wanting to spend the time and money to create a performing duo which we have worked very hard to make happen. So I figure I may as well share some of the results of our hard work and our recently launched website: www.epitomeofdreams.com
The guitars used on the four recorded songs are: 2014 714ce & T5 Classic

I've spent different times in my life, as time would allow between family and kids playing gigs and such with different line ups or bands while never totally making a living at it, now it's more an obsession that drives me if anything else but for personal satisfaction and now the kids are grown ups. Not to mention as some of you know, playing with an audience is one hell of a rush and an ultimate natural high, which is the best in my book!
Please give me your honest thoughts of the site and music, I am very interested in any feedback, both objective and constructive thoughts are welcomed! Bear in mind this is the first time I've ever created a website....

I have to say its a bit like throwing your soul out there for all to see, feel and hear...which can be rather daunting! We are just now promoting ourselves for hire and hope to appeal to other baby boomers like us! Or anybody who will listen to be honest!  Although my kids think were pretty cool and are very supportive and you can't say enough about that!
Thanks!
Marc
2015 416ce Ovangkol / Sitka Spruce
2014 714ce Vintage Burst (IER / Sitka)
2012 T5 Classic (Tropical Mahogany)
1996 Parker Fly
1989 El Heartfield

Sound System: Bose L1 / T1 / B1x2
www.epitomeofdreams.com

azslacker

• Veteran Member
Re: EPITOME OF DREAMS, please check out my new musical journey!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 02:44:08 PM »
 Marc, First the website. Good content and bio info. The blue font is hard to read on my tablet. Site is easy to navigate. Good you have some video's that keep you on the site, rather than linking away to YouTube.

I sampled all four songs and thought the intros were done tastfully and led up nicely to the vocals. I enjoyed the music, and could easily listen to more in a club venue. Sandi's voice is cool, and could do many styles of music.  Best of luck to you.
2016 322e 12 Fret
2011 312ce
2012 GS-Mini hog 
1983 Washburn D 12S
Yamaha Classical
Ukulele's out the ying yang.
2014 Larivée PO-3 Koa

MarcC

• Epitome of Dreams
Re: EPITOME OF DREAMS, please check out my new musical journey!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:42:11 AM »
Thank you azslacker for taking the time to check us out and letting me know your thoughts, much appreciated! It's one thing when family, friends and others who know and support us tell us it's all good and we should be playing out, but then you wonder how much bias is involved too, so this is a good thing!

The blue type I thought would be easier to read after enlarging the font, maybe not then? I really liked the vibe and it matches with the picture colors, I'll have to revisit that and view it with an ipad instead of my laptop, thanks for that insight!

I love that you too find Sandi's voice to be cool, she doesn't really get that yet, even though her own vocal coach tells her the same thing, I call it her Sandiness...It's all a work in progress that never ends, that's what is great about playing music, you can always learn more, I love playing now more than ever before...I liked your post about your "Meditative Morning Java Jam", now there's the making of good tune right there! Better get on it before someone beats you to it!

One last thing before I hit the sack, you'll get a kick out of this, my 23 yr. son is a professional "fire knife dancer" which is ironic you being into slack key and Hawaiian music, I'll have get back to check out the tunes you've posted, thanks again and have a good super bowl weekend! Marc
2015 416ce Ovangkol / Sitka Spruce
2014 714ce Vintage Burst (IER / Sitka)
2012 T5 Classic (Tropical Mahogany)
1996 Parker Fly
1989 El Heartfield

Sound System: Bose L1 / T1 / B1x2
www.epitomeofdreams.com