Author Topic: New member  (Read 1513 times)

DanRad

« on: February 04, 2022, 04:07:09 PM »
Hello!

I just bought my first Taylor guitar, a lovely T5z-12.

I recently joined a cover band that is going to involve a lot of acoustic 12-string on my part, and my 12-string was not in the best of shape. I started thinking about trading it in, looking at slightly higher quality acoustics. Then I came across the T5z-12 and was intrigued by the versatility it offered. It was more than I've ever spent on a guitar and the first time I've ever bought a guitar without playing it first, but the reviews sold me.

It arrived Monday, and I've been thrilled with the acoustic sound. I'm looking forward to exploring some of the more electric sounds, but I'm finding it hard to dial in amplified sounds because the acoustic projection is so loud.

Anyway, my first practice with the band with this guitar is next week and I can't wait!

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 04:14:39 PM »
Welcome Dan. The T5z's are versatile and quite the lookers. Post pics so we can see it, when you get the chance. Congrats on your 1st Taylor. We can help you with your 2nd, as we are known as enablers. ;)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 08:01:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum DanRad.  Love the T5z-12 you choose.  You should have good times with it, I am sure.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

DanRad

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »
Welcome Dan. The T5z's are versatile and quite the lookers. Post pics so we can see it, when you get the chance. Congrats on your 1st Taylor. We can help you with your 2nd, as we are known as enablers. ;)

Here you go!

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 05:50:39 PM »
She's a snazzy classic!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!