Author Topic: Bracing and ES questions for Taylor experts  (Read 410 times)

Gerald D

Bracing and ES questions for Taylor experts
« on: December 28, 2019, 01:19:48 PM »
Hi all I was just wondering if there is a resource anywhere that correlates type of bracing and model of ES system through the years? I’ve been looking at getting either a 524 from the first edition era 2013-2014 or one of the short lived 510es with slotted headstock.  Just got me thinking about all the different bracing patterns and ES systems and pros and cons of each?   Thanks!

jalbert

• I should be practicing
Re: Bracing and ES questions for Taylor experts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »
Do you have a chance to play each one before deciding which to purchase? If so I'd recommend choosing the one that plays and sounds the best (both acoustically and plugged in), regardless of what bracing/electronics the guitar has.
James

'07 GA8-12
'19 Academy 12e-N

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 06:00:47 PM »
I believe that the 2013-2014 Taylors were using the ES1.3 systems. As far as bracing, either standard forward shift bracing or CV bracing was used depending on the model. My guess would be standard forward shift bracing with relief route on the models you mentioned. A call to Taylor customer service would be your best bet.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

wooglins

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »
IMHO the bracing does not really matter.  What sounds good to you does. ES matters if you use your guitar in a variety of amplified settings.  Ultimately any of the ES varieties are easy to adjust in a mix.  The latest is the easiest but all are fairly simple.