Author Topic: Resizing Photos...  (Read 1425 times)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Resizing Photos...
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:36:36 AM »
I just spent the better part of two hours not looking at photos of ostensibly gorgeous guitars, simply because they photos were so monumentally large that they can't be viewed. As a photographer, it's frustrating to me that folks post photos without thinking to resize them to for the web.

Resizing a photo is really simple. Just go into whatever program you're using, select "resize image" (or whatever is similar to that in your program) and make the long size of the image 800 pixels. Your computer will then magically render an easily viewable image for the web.

Sorry, I just had to say this. I want to look at the pictures people post, but scrolling up and scrolling down and scrolling across, just to see the top of a guitar, is ridiculous.

Please take this as the helpful tip it's intended to be...
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

jpmist

• Soundcloud
Re: Resizing Photos...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »
Preaching to the choir here,

On a Mac open the picture in Preview, then under the "Tools" menu select the fourth line down "Adjust Size"
There you can set the wide side of your picture, verticle or horizontal, to 800 pixels.

I think the issue with most of the huge pics posted is that they were taken with a digital camera so the resolution is likely 300 or  more than the usual computer screen resolution, so just changing the resolution/inch to 72 pixels/inch will work as well.

Don't have a PC, so somebody else will have to pitch in . . .

Taylor 322CE, Larrivee OO-05, Larrivee OOV-03, Strats
https://soundcloud.com/jpmist/got-cover

JTC111

Re: Resizing Photos...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 12:51:52 PM »
On a PC you can resize with Paint. In the main Paint window, to the right of the "Select" tool button is "Resize." Select that and you'll be given options to resize by pixel or percentage.