Author Topic: As I rise this morning  (Read 990 times)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
As I rise this morning
« on: October 30, 2019, 08:39:31 AM »
Where I live it has been pretty cold.  This morning I wake up to negative 11 degrees, for those on the metric system it is minus 24c.  Yikes!
The house heater is on a lot and the relative humidity is dropping.  We have had a pretty constant 39rh the last few days and I am needing to work to maintain the proper relative humidity inside the guitar cases.
For me Winter is here and in full force, it is going to be a long one.  :o
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Re: As I rise this morning
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 09:08:42 AM »
Where I live it has been pretty cold.  This morning I wake up to negative 11 degrees, for those on the metric system it is minus 24c.  Yikes!
The house heater is on a lot and the relative humidity is dropping.  We have had a pretty constant 39rh the last few days and I am needing to work to maintain the proper relative humidity inside the guitar cases.

Where do you live?? The moon??

79° here in northeastern Florida today...
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
We've been in the seventies in northern Arizona for the past few days, but the humidity has dropped from 35 to 28. Guitar case  hygrometers indicate that I'm still okay, but I'm keeping a closer eye on things...
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 10:05:31 AM »

Here in Northern MI we are supposed to get 4 inches of snow tomorrow. Bring it on!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Markob

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »
Low 40's this morning here in north Cali. But I saw stars. The smoke is clearing a bit though the winds pick up later today and the humidity will drop into the teens which will undoubtable fuel the fires. A way of life here in northern Ca. Pray for those affected by the fires up and down the state.
" if I'm lost it's only for a little while "

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 11:34:59 AM »
It's gotten chilly here in central Texas -- they're even saying we're likely to see our first freeze of the season overnight!  Won't last, though; daytime temperatures are going to moderate in a few days and we'll be seeing mid- to upper-60's by the weekend.  And we definitely won't be seeing -11 deg F anytime soon...! :o
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:42:13 PM by timfitz63 »
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

Violeiro

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »
Not a big fan of Winter...more of a 90-110 degrees kind of guy :)
Psalm 3:5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

MTLeonard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 12:59:54 PM »
Here in S AZ humidity is in the 30's. I keep my guitars in a closet with a humidifier. Unfortunately I have advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma which is making it difficult for me to keep up with the humidifier. Not to mention playing them...

At least it isn't cold outside.
If Pro is the opposite of Con
Progress must be the Opposite of Congress

GS Mini
Grafted Walnut 414 LDT
714 W/Spruce Top
Dan Carry Signature