Author Topic: 1/4" TRS to XLR male balanced cable  (Read 1118 times)

Mark R

1/4" TRS to XLR male balanced cable
« on: September 12, 2019, 08:01:37 PM »
Awhile back, I lost my 1/4" to XLR balanced cable for my 514, and checked the Taylorware site today to buy a replacement.  It's no longer offered; I called Taylor, and they told me that it's been discontinued, since they've been building ES-2 pickups for a few years now, and they won't be offering it anymore.  They suggested that I try Guitar Center or Mogami (their original manufacturer) to buy a replacement, but I can't find one with the right-angle 1/4" end like Taylor used to sell.  I ended up having one built for me, and should get it in a few days.  But does anyone know of a better/more inexpensive source for this cable? 

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Re: 1/4" TRS to XLR male balanced cable
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 12:22:45 AM »
I've got one of those original cables, but it doesn't have a 90-degree angle on the ΒΌ" end.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

tedtan

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »
I'm not up to date on pricing, but Redco has typically had the best prices on quality cables when I've looked in the past. You can custom configure your cables using their custom cable form here: https://www.redco.com/Custom-Cable.html.

Mark R

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 02:34:14 PM »
Thank you, Dennis and Tedtan!  The Redco site looks great, and I'll have to keep that in mind for the future if I need to order another one.  Their prices are a bit better than I paid to have one made by another cable builder.  Much appreciated!

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 06:10:06 PM »
+1 on Redco as a good source. 

Treat yourself and order Mogami cable and a neutrik right-angle end, especially the neutrik "silent" RA plug is superb.  I've had this RA plug (on mogami cable) for well over a decade and not only is is rugged, the silent end is awesome, especially since the ES draws power when plugged you can plug in/unplug even with a hot signal.

Edward

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 01:11:01 AM »
I have two of these in excellent condition. Up on Reverb...

https://reverb.com/item/23418806-taylor-taylor-rt-angle-1-4-inch-trs-to-xlr-instrument-15-foot-cable-black

Sorry I missed this but folks can PM me if anyone else needs one. 

Cheers

Paul
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 01:13:49 AM by Guitars44me »