Author Topic: Pricing... do certified dealers have greater range?  (Read 382 times)

Vallonia

Pricing... do certified dealers have greater range?
« on: April 28, 2019, 08:09:06 AM »
I’ve been looking at another major brand and found out that there’s MSRP, MAP and the certified dealers on that brand are able to offer pricing that beats the Minimum Allowed Pricing. Is this true for Taylor too? Any recommend dealers in the Indianapolis area?
Thanks

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
Re: Pricing... do certified dealers have greater range?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:05:33 AM »
Welcome!

Taylor has moved away from MSRP to MAP.  In certain instances I have encountered deep discounts from Taylor dealers on in-stock merchandise that hasn't moved, but that pricing is typically only offered in-store or over the phone.

Can't offer a specific dealer recommendation in the Indianapolis area, but the Taylor web site can at least provide you with the names of their dealers in that area.  All Taylor dealers will ship new guitars for free, so you could consider contacting a few of the out-of-area dealers as well.  I personally have been pleased when dealing with Empire Music in Pittsburgh, PA; and Willcutt Guitars in Lexington, KY.
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)