Author Topic: greetings from the land of trolls and cheese  (Read 1909 times)

RileyKendall

Re: greetings from the land of trolls and cheese
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
I already have pictures of the 916ce posted here.  However, here is a peak at it.  This is from this past August while on vacation.  I need to see some warm weather again.  Yes, it has the arm rest.  All 900 series have that.  Actually it will look almost exactly like your 914ce except the following:

Its not V-class so it has a bone nut and not black graphite.
Its a GS not a GA so overall with is 1/4 inches wider and a little wider over all.
It has a Florentine cutaway rather than a Venetian cutaway.

Regarding a review of it...  since I am only into the start of my second year of playing...  I can only say what I like about it vs my guitars I owned at the time of purchase.

I already had a 414ce Special Edition which had an Engelmann Spruce top with Indian rosewood back and sides.  The 916 was louder with less effort.  It handled my aggressive beginner strumming better than my 414ce did.  It is hard to describe what triggered my love at first strum.  But, this guitar had something in its tone that the 816ce (also Sitka Spruce and Indian rosewood) that I also played when I first played the 916ce didn't.  I also have a custom 414ce that has Engelmann spruce top and maple back and sides.  This guitar sounds nothing like the 916ce.  I have not yet did a side by side to a new 614ce BE. 

2018 Taylor 916ce
2018 Taylor 224ce DLX Koa Special Edition
2016 Taylor Wildwood Custom GA 414ce (Engelmann Spruce/Flamed Maple)
2018 RainSong H-WS1000N2

sacredground

• Give me a good guitar...or two good guitars, or...
Re: greetings from the land of trolls and cheese
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 10:06:30 PM »

Its not V-class so it has a bone nut and not black graphite.
Its a GS not a GA so overall with is 1/4 inches wider and a little wider over all.
It has a Florentine cutaway rather than a Venetian

I like bone, and just ordered a bone saddle for my 914. Sounds like your 916 spoke to you...isn’t that what it’s all about?
Making music since 1973

Lowden Bensusan adi over honduran rw
Lowden Pierre Bensusan Old Lady
2019 Taylor 914ce V Class Sitka over EIR
2019 614ce Torrefied Sitka over flamed maple