Author Topic: Any Hans Zimmer fans?  (Read 688 times)

misterlutherman

Any Hans Zimmer fans?
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »
I love his music, and have been watching a YouTube series, "Inside the Score", about the work of Hans Zimmer and his creations of 'sound worlds', as opposed to songs.

Being a music producer myself, this really fascinates me. A sound world seems so much more fascinating and explorative, and I like the idea of thinking of music in terms of a landscape, where the underlying harmony, melody, rhythm, texture and dynamics weave together to create peaks and troughs of many opposites, as I visualise music through patterns that move and twist, their trails leaving behind a picture.

Do you enjoy Hans Zimmers work? Do you like the idea of Sound Worlds? Are you a music producer? If so, what do you like to create? How do you create it?

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Any Hans Zimmer fans?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »
I do like Hans! I think my favorite movie score composer would be Thomas Newman.  Every score sounds different from any of his others.

When I think of Hans, I think of the Gladiator!  Great score!
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Mcintosh

Re: Any Hans Zimmer fans?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 06:30:25 AM »
I do get great results with appetite suppressants like Hans! I think my favorite movie score composer would be Thomas Newman.  Every score sounds different from any of his others.

When I think of Hans, I think of the Gladiator!  Great score!

Love Hans Zimmer's music. I'm more familiar with his film work than any other work though. I should really check out what that man does besides his film scores.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:52:07 AM by Mcintosh »