Author Topic: Indianageo Reporting In from London UK  (Read 2054 times)

IndianaGeo

Indianageo Reporting In from London UK
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Some of you may know me from AGF.  But since I own a Taylor, I think I'll find good info here as well as see a few familiar faces.. I mean, Fonts.   I'm a Chicago transplant and have been living in the UK for over 5 years.  Hope to learn as well as contribute to this forum going forward. 

Regards,
IG
2011 Taylor 714c
2011 Ron Kirn Esoteric Strat Style
2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Indianageo Reporting In from London UK
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Some of you may know me from AGF.  But since I own a Taylor, I think I'll find good info here as well as see a few familiar faces.. I mean, Fonts.   I'm a Chicago transplant and have been living in the UK for over 5 years.  Hope to learn as well as contribute to this forum going forward. 

Regards,
IG

IG, great to have you here!  How do you like the UK?  I'm dying to try some of their famous "fish and chips."
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

IndianaGeo

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »

IG, great to have you here!  How do you like the UK?  I'm dying to try some of their famous "fish and chips."
[/quote]

Thanks JJR.  The UK is great thanks.  Lots of charming pubs in my area.  Not like the bars back home.  These are proper places to chill out and enjoy a fireplace...like an extension of one's living room.  And yes, there's a Fish and Chips shop not far from me that is very good.  The pubs have pretty good ones too!  Thanks for the warm welcome.

IG
2011 Taylor 714c

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »
Hi IG and welcome to the forum. :) I've never been to the UK. How do you like living there? I've always been fascinated with the UK since many of my ancestors were from there.

Do the stores typically carry a big selection of Taylor Guitars?
Cindy

IndianaGeo

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »
Hi IG and welcome to the forum. :) I've never been to the UK. How do you like living there? I've always been fascinated with the UK since many of my ancestors were from there.

Do the stores typically carry a big selection of Taylor Guitars?

Hey Cindy,
Thank you for the warm welcome.  I enjoy living here, but I do miss my father back in the Chicago area, as well as friends.  The UK is lovely and has a very rich history as you know.  I'll risk it and say that I find the people from the States friendlier and more "open" overall though.  I miss the better service in the US too.  Tradeoffs, always tradeoffs. 

There are some good guitar shops that carry Taylor Guitars for sure.  Pretty decent selections, really.  Lots of guitars of all kinds around Denmark street.  My favourite shops are Guitar Village and Andertons Music.  Both of those shoppes are more or less south of London.

If you ever find yourself coming out this way let me know and I'll show you around.

Cheers,
IG
2011 Taylor 714c

sachi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
Welcome! I've been to London a few times and enjoy it, although I'm much more familiar with Paris.
Sachi

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor, Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.