Author Topic: 'anyone have experience w/Fishman LoudBox Performer?  (Read 2508 times)

KimAC

'anyone have experience w/Fishman LoudBox Performer?
« on: July 13, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
'would welcome any feedback...........poor choice of words, I realize  :) .......I already have a LoudBox Mini; any opinions or recommendations regard the Performer (or the Artist, for that matter) will be much appreciated, thx....

TLAW

Re: 'anyone have experience w/Fishman LoudBox Performer?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:47:49 AM »
I've had mine for about a year now....use it a few times a week in 100+ seat venues/rooms...had no issues ...the effect settings are nice although admittedly I don't use them much... instead I opt for my pedalboard.....I've pushed it pretty hard at times too and it got its name honest...little thing does pack a punch...I also use it as a monitor and then out to a house setup and it shines ....I'm usually mic'd separately so I can comment on running both channels at once....hope that helps a little
1913 Weymann Banjolin
1996 Strat/Texas Special
2003 Martin HD28
2007 Rover F Style Mandolin
2015 Eastman VL501 Violin
2017 Lamberti Master Series Guarneri Violin
2017 Taylor 914ce Sunburst
2019 Collings CJ35 Sunburst
Several other Also Rans

RyanR

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:49:55 PM »
So I have a Fishman Loudbox Artist.  It is fantastic for small solo gigs with an acoustic guitar.  The amp is quite "transparent" (it does not color the sound like a electric guitar amp does).  Vocals are good as well.  I find the reverb settings pretty good (but not amazing).  I mostly use the Reverb for vocals.

While I mostly use this amp for acoustic and vocals I have also played around with it using a semi-hollow electric through a pedal board.  I was at lower volumes and going for a clean sound.  It seems to work well this way although I've not actually performed with that setup.

One nice feature is that each channel has a DI out that you can run into a mixing board in case you want to record or if you are going to house speakers.

I should emphasize the Loudbox Artist is fine for "intimate" settings.  For example when my friend and I play at farmer's markets (electric bass/acoustic guitar/vocals) we go through a mixing board to a couple of QSC K10s.  The Loudbox Artist would not cut it in that context I think.

One minor issue is that the Phantom power is only 24V not 48V.  No issue with a dynamic mic (like a Shure SM58) but there are a number of condenser mics that are not going to work going direct into the LoudBox.  May not matter at all to you, but good to be aware of just in case.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:52:55 PM by RyanR »

KimAC

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 03:41:50 PM »
thankUboth, TLAW & RyanR....I've BEEN considering the Artist; it's on my 2do/buy list ::)