Author Topic: Greetings from Northern New Mexico!  (Read 1043 times)

lcollins

• Gigging is the new Yoga...
    • Blue Moon Prairie
Greetings from Northern New Mexico!
« on: January 20, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
Hey Josh - thanks for inviting me. Sheesh - I'm off the boards for a few weeks, come back and everything changed! Thrilled to see a dedicated Taylor board.

I'm an long-time musician, new guitar player (this past summer) and hopefully will have my first Taylor in my hot little hands in 24 hours. Tomorrow I'm driving up to Colorado to meet with a private buyer for his 2005 310ce, for which he's made me "an offer I can't refuse." I'm so excited I can barely sit still. I was hoping to get one before my group goes into the studio to do our first CD in February and it looks like I will!

I started this conversation on another board 6 months ago, originally looking at a 214ce, then came to the decision I didn't want to 'upgrade' to a laminate. Lusted after the 414ce for months, but 310ce should be a perfect fit, both financially, and for my playing style, as at this point in my playing, I am a strummer.

Should I bring her home, I'll get pics up asap.

Glad to be part of the family, and thanks again, Josh for creating this space for Taylor lovers!

~2005 310CE

Did you know that animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg! It's good for the planet, for your health, and for the animals~

www.bluemoonprairie.com

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Greetings from Northern New Mexico!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »
Hi lcollins and welcome to the forum! Please do show us some pics when you get a chance and update us as to how it plays and sounds! :)
Cindy

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
Good afternoon lcollins,

I am confident you will enjoy your time spent here.  Seems like there are a bunch of good people on board, if you take me out of the mix :)  I hope you can bring the guitar back home with you.  I too am looking forward to seeing a picture or two of the new arrival.
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 01:09:04 AM »
Hello Lcollins and welcome to the forum. It's very exciting getting a new guitar, especially a Taylor! You mentioned you'll be doing some recording, so if you wish, please do let us know if you have a website where we can check out your music :)
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce