Author Topic: Will Somebody Hook me up?  (Read 1938 times)

glcart38

Will Somebody Hook me up?
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
The Fishman SA220 PA/Amp has two channels each with its own EQ.  On the back it has FX inputs for each channel a Monitor input and an Aux input etc.

The Taylor K4 EQ has In/Out inputs for FX

The Fishman Chorus foot switch has your in and out ports.

And finally, my Digitech JamMan loop station has in/out ports.

I have a 2010 KOA Series GC acoustic guitar.

Will somebody please hook me up?
Note: I'd like to go out of my guitar into the K4 and move on from there

I read somewhere, where it says in the company of many counselors there's safety. :-\
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:34:05 AM by glcart38 »

cjd-player

• Veteran Member
  • Near Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Will Somebody Hook me up?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 01:00:43 PM »
1/4 inch Guitar cable into the Balanced Input combo jack of the K4.

1/4 inch cable from the K4 "Hi Gain TRS/Line Level" jack to the Jam Man 'In" jack.

1/4 inch cable from the Jam Man "Out" jack to the Fishman Chorus 'In" jack.

1/4 inch cable from the Fishman Chorus "Out" jack to the SA220 'In" jack (bottom of the control panel)

You do not need to connect to any of the jacks on the back of the SA220.
Carl
2010 BTO GC, Redwood on EI Rosewood
2010 312ce, kept in DADGAD
2006 814ce LTD, Sitka on Mad Rosewood
2013 Composite Acoustics OX-Raw

glcart38

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »
CJD PLayer, I will chew on this design and try it when I get home.  Since the Chorus is last in the chain will it affect what comes out of the JamMan?  I want the JamMan to be unaffected by Effects.  I only want the guitar affected by the Chorus.  Can you please answer that inquiry.  I appreciate your help.

forhim

• With All Our Might
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »
The recommended setup will work for you, but yes, if the chorus is on and the jamman is playing whatever comes out of the jamman will have the chorus effect on it.  Usually loopers are placed last in the chain...I say usually... What I mean is that's what I've always done.

Alternatively, you could connect your chorus into the efx loop for the guitar channel your using.  It it has a send and return you'll need two mono cables.  The send goes to the input and the output of the pedal goes to the return.  If you don't have a send and return you'll need an insert cable to make the efx loop work.

glcart38

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Thx Elie for that feedback.  When I get home today I'll try the alternative.  Yes, I don't want The JamMan to be influenced by my Effects just the Guitar.