Author Topic: Double Cutaway Solidbody...  (Read 597 times)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Double Cutaway Solidbody...
« on: July 16, 2019, 04:21:05 PM »
I would love to get my hands on one of the double cutaway solidbody guitars. I saw one several years ago that had a ridiculously quilted maple top in the Doheny Green finish. I would love to get my hands on this very guitar (fat chance, I know).

Do these double cutaways come up for sale very often?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:24:34 PM by Shutterbug »
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
Re: Double Cutaway Solidbody...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 04:57:02 PM »
... Do these double cutaways come up for sale very often?

Not that I've noticed.  But the reason might be because not many were made to begin with; the production run of Taylor's solid body guitars was quite brief, and I don't think as many of the double cutaway models were produced as the single- and no-cutaway versions.
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 05:07:32 PM »

Not that I've noticed.  But the reason might be because not many were made to begin with; the production run of Taylor's solid body guitars was quite brief, and I don't think as many of the double cutaway models were produced as the single- and no-cutaway versions.

I don't believe Taylor produced any non-cutaway solidbody guitars, did they?
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »

I'm pretty sure that I've seen some; but I can't seem to pull one up with a web search at the moment.  Could be I'm going crazy though...  These days even I have to wonder... :o
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 05:37:09 PM »

I'm pretty sure that I've seen some; but I can't seem to pull one up with a web search at the moment.  Could be I'm going crazy though...  These days even I have to wonder... :o

In all honesty, I've never heard of them building one.

Would love a double, though!

Supaflavenoid

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 10:09:59 PM »
Wow! I haven't seen one of these in forever. We only had the SB1(single CA) and the SB2 (double CA) and we made a VERY limited number of SB2's, most of which were orange.

One of the coolest prototypes we had was a flying V style guitar. I'm pretty sure it's still hanging out around the factory somewhere. If I can find it, I'll get a pic of it.

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 09:37:32 AM »
One of the coolest prototypes we had was a flying V style guitar. I'm pretty sure it's still hanging out around the factory somewhere. If I can find it, I'll get a pic of it.

I would need to see that to believe it.

When was it built?