Author Topic: GraphTech RATIO Tuner upgrades fit GS Mini perfectly!  (Read 1373 times)

JayBrook

GraphTech RATIO Tuner upgrades fit GS Mini perfectly!
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »
My GS Mini-e Walnut has the small Taylor nickel tuners, which work nice.  However, GraphTech (the TUSQ people) makes the "RATIO" tuners with different gear ratios for different strings so that the same amount of turn on each string has the same approximate affect on pitch.  Very nice.  The PRN-2411-## version of these (without the screw-mount tabs but with only the hidden pins that stick into hidden holes on the back of the Taylor headstock) fit as perfect bolt on replacements and work great!  I went with the Nickel metal, which I found on the 'net for $65.  Since they are full size tuners that perfectly replace the mini Taylor tuners (slightly larger tuning knob - but it is easier to adjust that way), I'll GUESS that they also work great as a replacement for the full size Taylor tuners.  Here's the link at GraphTech - just pick your metal color and hunt for a deal on the net: http://www.graphtech.com/products/brands/ratio/standard-machine-heads/acoustic/3-3

Photo attached.

JayBrook
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:02:06 PM by JayBrook »
'17 Taylor GS Mini-e Walnut (ES2) Amazing thing
'17 Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE Dreadnaught
'17 Takamine GC5CE Cutaway Classical Nylon
'15 Breedlove 25th Anniversary Pursuit Concert Koa