Author Topic: how about an unofficial..........T-SHIRT!(UPDATE 1-11-12)  (Read 13492 times)

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
Re: how about an unofficial..........T-SHIRT!(UPDATE 1-11-12)
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 02:02:40 PM »
 Nice looking logo.  8)
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
Cindy, that is one nice logo.
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
I like it too!!

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »
Thanks for the comments. I had this made at my local mall where they have a kiosk with an embroidery station. The guy looked up 'acoustic guitar' online and found an image (NOT even of a Taylor guitar), and he modified it to fit over the letters. He had to adjust the tuners and the headstock a little before he ended up with this image.

By the way, we also can't use the word 'Taylor' or 'Taylor Guitars' in any logos so hopefully a design like this might generate interest among our members. Of course, we can also just do 'UTGF' without the guitar silhouette...or perhaps someone can come up with a different UTGF logo that includes a guitar...:D
Cindy

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »
I agree, I like it. ;)
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »
I like the guitar silhouette rather than just plain ol' UTGF.

You could experiment with different fonts and font size but I like it the way you did it on the hat.

We could do a slogan like "I've seen the future and it's guitar-shaped" or "Got Strings?"

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »

You could experiment with different fonts and font size but I like it the way you did it on the hat.

We could do a slogan like "I've seen the future and it's guitar-shaped" or "Got Strings?"

Or how about a nice conversation starter  type of slogan like" Taylor best darn guitar made period!"  after all we do love to talk about Taylors right?
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 07:27:23 PM »
Or how about a nice conversation starter  type of slogan like" Taylor best darn guitar made period!"  after all we do love to talk about Taylors right?

We could wear those to the next Martinfest..... ;D ;D

(just messin' with ya' mgap... ;))

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »

Unfortunately we can't use the word 'Taylor'. :(
Cindy

oatordeal

• Veteran Member
  • Manila, Philippines
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 06:35:27 AM »

i like the 'got strings?' slogan!  :)
Best regards,
Nims

814ce 2012
GS Mini Hog 2015
'52ri Fender Telecaster 2007

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:48 PM »

We could wear those to the next Martinfest..... ;D ;D

(just messin' with ya' mgap... ;))

We might meet up with some push back.

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for designs besides the hat pic I posted? We can't use the Taylor name or any trademarked things such as the bridge or headstock shapes. We can use UTGF or come up with a unique slogan (again without using the Taylor name).

If you have a design idea, you can always sketch it out by hand, scan it, then post it. Obviously there is some interest as it's been mentioned more than once. What ideas do you have? ???
Cindy

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
Here's a suggestion for a slogan:

UTGF: hang out at the coolest guitar barre

::)
Cindy

Brian

• just a box of rain...
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 02:00:25 AM »
+1 on liking the UTGF with the guitar logo posted on the hat in a recent earlier post.  I think it's excellent!

Regarding a slogan, if people want to have one... would the following idea work?  Each person who wants to could submit one slogan to the moderators by some deadline.  Then after they've all been submitted, the moderators could post the slogans for a vote / poll, and the slogan with the highest # of votes is selected.  I don't want to flood the moderators' inboxes or create a lot or extra work for them.  I guess this process would do just that.  Sorry, probably not a great idea!

Maybe having people just continue to post slogans here or perhaps post them in a separate "slogans" thread (posting the slogans only with no other commentary so that it's very readable to go through the posts / ideas) would be better.

I go back and forth about liking a slogan at all.  Without one people would say "UTGF, what's that?".  Then again, I think that makes it a good conversation starter.  Maybe one of the poll candidates (or people could just post if that was a better route) can be "no slogan".

-Brian

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
+1 on liking the UTGF with the guitar logo posted on the hat in a recent earlier post.  I think it's excellent!

I go back and forth about liking a slogan at all.  Without one people would say "UTGF, what's that?".  Then again, I think that makes it a good conversation starter.  -Brian

Just me...but I really like the simply approach without any slogan...just the "UTGF" with the half guitar silhouette.

I say we get the ball rolling on this!  I'd wear a "UTGF" t shirt!  Would you guys?   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard