Author Topic: how about an unofficial..........T-SHIRT!(UPDATE 1-11-12)  (Read 13493 times)

darylcrisp

how about an unofficial..........T-SHIRT!(UPDATE 1-11-12)
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »
**Spoke with Brian S from Taylor and was told if we only use "UTGF" and be careful of no trademark issues(headstock shapes/pickguard shapes/etc) we are good to go. Also our owner/admin said its clear to move forward if we want to explore this.

Using the idea of Taylorplayer516, a simple guitar body silouette with UTGF would be classy. Multiple colors are available in 100% cotton USA made T's. We could get some for the little ones also. We first need the logo-so the floor is open.
Once the logo is established, i take it to the print shop, they make a stencil, order up the sizes/colors and $ is spent and made. 

I know a small local print shop that only does this work and having worked with them thru the years i've developed a good relationship. they do quality work and purchase high quality t's.

Floor is open to suggestions for anyone who might have a graphic design background-and anyone who may have a good print source-we don't have to use mine. I would get a price estimate for compare if you like.

My thought is one side of a guitar body-upper/lower bout-done is what might look like a brush stroke, from the other side the letters UTGF

other thoughts ideas-bring it on.

The best cost is using one color for the print(stencil logo). It can be done small front and large back or just front or back. I kinda dig both sides.

d

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:11:49 PM by darylcrisp »

Jannie

Grey? :o

darylcrisp

Grey? :o

you'll have to trust me on this. not so much a locker room grey, more a gunmetal grey-the other colors pop out of it.

course that was just a suggestion, it would be a forum choice thing.  one can go with navy and use gold and white letterings or even silver. burgandy with silver/black/yellow. orange with black/white is good too. lots of choices.

d

Bong Twang Ping

AKA The Fluffy Armour Guitar Coalition  :o

Bong

Bong Twang Ping

or The Fictional Guitar Layoff Rumour  :-\

Bong

roadbiker

• Veteran Member
  • Member #100
    • jmaurophoto
Make it black, or very dark grey and make sure the shirt is "Made in the USA" and I'm in. I can even contribute a photo is desired. I wouldn't even mind something like: "Taylor Guitar's - Made in the USA," but that might alienate owner's of 100 and 200 series guitars, so that's out.

How about this: on the back the profile of a guitar on the right (in relief) cropped right at the edge of the fretboard, and on the left from top to bottom and in alignment with the frets, the series 100, 200,... 900. On the bottom it says, "Take your pick!" using a morphed pick as an exclamation point. This should be underlined with the url.  It would be an intersting play on words. On the front, the pocket can say UTFG with the url underneath it. The whole thing can be done in black and white.

(I'm in marketing and product management)

Jim
1980 Guild D50 (Westerly), Antique Sunburst
2010 Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500R Acoustic/Electric
2010 Taylor GS Mini
2011 Taylor 814CE Acoustic/Electric
2015 Taylor 356ce
1975 Carlo Robelli SG Custom (Sam Ash model)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
VOX AGA70

www.jmaurophoto.com

darylcrisp

not much interest.
hummm.................guess i'll just have to keep playing my guitar naked. thought wearing a shirt would be a nice change when we have company.
oh well.

d

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Why don't you edit your post and add a yes or no poll just to see if there is interest? Remember, your post went up later last night (at least here in the US) so it should get more notice today. I'm interested even though I didn't respond last night. :) People might respond to a poll when they might not want to comment.
Cindy

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
I'm game.   ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

bo1142

• Knoxville, TN
I am a fan of shirts, and also a fan of wearing them ;D
Boone

My Taylor's:
2001 614ce
2007 GC6e
2008 K24ce
2011 814ce
2011 GSmini w/es-go

My other:
2002 Yamaha FG433s
2003 Fender Strat MIM
2005 Fender P Bass
2011 Mogan Monroe MMS-2 mandolin
2011 Makai LK-80w ukelele

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
I'm in, been looking for one since Dec 8th...... ;D

I'm here and I like the guitar-playing smiley man too!!

Oh yeah, where can I get the UTGF T-Shirt?

I think something simple is nice, nothing with "staff" on the back tho'.  Could get confused at events, etc.

UTGF spelled out with a silohoutte (sp?) of a guitar is nice.

How about a hoodie?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:27:40 AM by TaylorPlayer516 »

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Daryl, perhaps it would be best if you first contact Taylor and make sure we have the okay to use their name for this. Even though it's an unofficial shirt, it would be in the best interest of this forum to maintain a good rapport with Taylor. :)
Cindy

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Daryl, perhaps it would be best if you first contact Taylor and make sure we have the okay to use their name for this. Even though it's an unofficial shirt, it would be in the best interest of this forum to maintain a good rapport with Taylor. :)

Yes to the above. ^ Taylor has been very gracious to our little community.    :)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Brian Swerdfeger @ Taylor

The thought is nice, but trademark laws apply here.

Any wearable or merch would have to be officially licensed and we do not offer that at this time.

Sorry...
B

PS - If you guys arrange a get-together somewhere I'm happy to send a "box-o-love" with plenty of Taylor shirts and swag!

spieler

Send me a box-o-love, and I'll see what I can do.  ;)

~ S.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:00:48 PM by spieler »