Author Topic: *****The NEW G7th Ultralight Capo Review here!*****  (Read 2253 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
*****The NEW G7th Ultralight Capo Review here!*****
« on: January 16, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »
Hi All!

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to review one of G7th's new Ultralight capos. Nick and Simon are class acts and their company is top notch!

This capo is SUPER light and is made of a very flexible yet solid "composite material."  This capo is like their other capos in the fact that YOU determine the amount of pressure that comes down across the strings.

This capo is a great option for beginners or pros alike and at a price point that is easily reachable.  This Ultralight also features a lifetime warranty just like the rest of the G7th capos.

On to the design.  The design is simplistic and user friendly. The Ultralight features a screw and clip. The screw rises to allow for wider necks and can be lowered to make it fit.  It features a clip that holds together via pressure. 

I tested this on both my Taylor and Martin.  It performed wonderfully on both necks!

Of course I had to adjust it accordingly and the best option I found was to have the screw almost unwound, clip it on and then screw it down to put pressure on the strings.  Once it was set for either the Taylor or Martin it was easy to make simply adjustments as I moved it up or down the neck.

I've taken some pics which can be found below.  I took some pictures of my G7th Performance 2 capo as well so you can see a side by side comparison.  Like the rest of the G7th family this Ultralight did not pull any of my strings sharp.  At a price of 9.99 British Pounds or about $12 dollars this is an absolute success.  Leave it to G7th to hit another grand slam!  :D  Thanks Nick and Simon!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:39:35 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

burns

Re: *****The NEW G7th Ultralight Capo Review here!*****
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:10:21 PM »
im glad they recognized the need...i have the earlier g7 silver one that is pictured in this thread...great product but yet a bit heavy for sure...can even tip my 000 forward, I feel like it's good for a dred with med strings but too much capo for a 000 with light strings.

MikeB

Re: *****The NEW G7th Ultralight Capo Review here!*****
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:04:42 PM »
Thanks for the review - I was hoping this would be a good option for my 12-string, but the G7th guy said 'no' but they are working on some new 12-string capos.
I love my G7th P2 because of its quick-change ability.  When the 'clutch' started going on mine, they were very quick to replace it, too!