Author Topic: Must be some changes to the 2012 Taylor line  (Read 21952 times)

davwir

• A Coco-nut
Re: Must be some changes to the 2012 Taylor line
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:45 AM »
I got to see and play a bunch of the new 2012 models today in a local shop..
I was pretty impressed, I think all the new inlays are winners.. and the new Nylons especially were great looking....
The visuals on an 800 series Nylon were super nice in person for sure!

Im not sure I love the new rosette on the babies yet.. and they didn't have a Hog GS Mini, something Im really looking forward to checking out..
But overall, I think everyone is going to really like most of the new changes and options for sure..

Major thanx again to Brian for giving us early scoops, NAMM pix, and being a contributing part of our community of Taylor lovers here!

jalbert

• I should be practicing
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2012, 10:12:57 AM »
Major thanx again to Brian for giving us early scoops, NAMM pix, and being a contributing part of our community of Taylor lovers here!

Hear, hear!
James

'07 GA8-12
'19 Academy 12e-N

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
1. Not thrilled about the 700 series changes but, it's all good because the Acoustic line of cedar/rw remains!
2. The temp suspension of the Jumbo is ok by me.  I love Jumbos, particularly Taylor's, but so long as they're saying it'll come back with a revoicing, I can only trust that it'll come back as good as it was and then some!  :D
3.  All the incremental changes in aesthetics are part n parcel of model-year changes.  It is what it is.
4.  Am I the only one completely ambivalent about the existence of a Taylor uke? :D
5.  Huge thanks, again, to Brian for clarifying stuff ...not to mention letting a bit of the cat out of the bag.  Whattaguy!!  :D

Edward

Redwood Tree

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Oh Man!! too many new things happining with The Taylor line, I can't keep up.
  But this one turn my crank very much! the 914 Nylon ! Awsome I may have to have my first Taylor Nylon  :P
http://davesguitar.com/products/taylor/914ce-classical/
Tom
"So Many Taylors Not Enough Talant"

Andromeda

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
With Taylor changing their classical guitars I think In have found a nylon guitar that I like!
2016 Taylor Custom Cedar-Rosewood GS
2015 Breedlove Discovery Dreadnaught
2012 Alvarez ABT60 Baritone

Namasté