Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories > Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories

Can I buy from Taylor the Saddle on my GS Mini-e KOA?

(1/4) > >>

g.man:
I need to lower this a little.  I don't want to mess with the neck tilt, will try the easy way first.  I don't want to modify the stock saddle.

I see Compensated Saddles on Taylor's site, but none specifying they are for the GS Mini-e

Has anyone removed their saddle on the mini-e?  It seems there is some magic in those three allen screws ?

https://www.taylorguitars.com/taylorware/category/for-your-guitar/parts/saddles-bridge-pins

kcnbys:
Pretty sure the standard size acoustic 6-string saddle from Taylor will fit your mini.  You can find instructions on the Taylor website as to how to change the saddle when the ES2 system is involved.

DDG:
Do NOT modify your saddle on any Taylor with ES2 (which includes your GS Mini-E Koa.)  This should only be done by a Silver or higher Taylor tech, and is not the way to adjust action. 

g.man:
I sent an email to support, but they are closed until next week.

explorertele:
DDG, why do you say not to mess with the saddle, but take it to a Taylor service guy? I do all my Acoustic maintenance work on all my guitars, including Martin, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Fender and Washburn.  If I had to pay someone every time I needed a saddle adjusted, I would Have far fewer guitars, due to the expenses involved. I have done everything except for refrets and neck resets, which I hope I will not need any time soon.

Is there some special fixturing involved, or do you always adjust the NTne k shims to adjust action?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version