Author Topic: Jammit anyone?  (Read 1509 times)

roadbiker

• Veteran Member
  • Member #100
    • jmaurophoto
Jammit anyone?
« on: January 08, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »
Have you heard of the new app for iPhone/iPad/iPod called Jammit!?  It's really great. I read about it on the D'Addario web-site. Basically, you download songs from them that are "mastered" for the app (for a fee) and the app splits up the instruments so you can delete one part and play it yourself. For example, You can cut out the lead and then play it with the rest the parts. I only downloaded one song so far - December and checked it out. It really works good. The song list is pretty limited, but they are supposedly adding new ones to the library every day and are taking requests. Right now they are running a special with D'Addario that wehn you buy a pack of D'Addario strings and enter the string pack serial number on their web-site you get a free download. There is no limit. The people there are really great too. I was having a problem with it and the worked diligently to rectify it. Great communication every step of the way.

If you haven't already checked it out, you should google Jammit! and get more info. I think it's a good way to learn and it adds some fun to playing too.

Jim

(I have no affliation with Jammit or D'Addario)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:33:35 PM by roadbiker »
1980 Guild D50 (Westerly), Antique Sunburst
2010 Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500R Acoustic/Electric
2010 Taylor GS Mini
2011 Taylor 814CE Acoustic/Electric
2015 Taylor 356ce
1975 Carlo Robelli SG Custom (Sam Ash model)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
VOX AGA70

www.jmaurophoto.com

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
Re: Jammit anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
Jim,

Thanks for the post.  I will check it out shortly.
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN

sachi

• Veteran Member
Re: Jammit anyone?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »
I'm always intrigued to find new stuff for the iPad! Thanks.
Sachi

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor, Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.