Author Topic: FSOT: 2015 Taylor Custom BTO ~ One of a Kind~ THANKSGIVING PRICE DROP!  (Read 3663 times)

Rockitman

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND PRICE DROP TO $3650 SHIPPED!!

This is truly one of the most stunning, beautiful guitars I have ever laid my eyes on or played....an absolutely like new, mint condition 2015 Taylor BTO (Built to Order) Hawaiian Koa Dreadnought.  Built and delivered in June 2015 (commissioned through LA Guitar Sales), everything on this fine guitar is Taylor's best - see full spec list below.  I am only parting with this stellar instrument as I have too many dreads, and I am not playing this one enough (I am afraid to take it out and possibly ding it!) to justify keeping it.

Tone is absolutely heavenly...fingerstyle perfection.  Clear and concise highs, rich mids and lows that enhance instead of overpowering.  Handles strumming very well, but excels at plectrum and fingerstyle playing.

Full Specs:
25.5" scale
1.75" nut width w/bone nut
2-3/16" string spacing at saddle (bone saddle)
Hawaiian Koa body
Bloodwood accents
Expression System 2 electronics
Adirondack CV bracing w/relief rout
Ebony Bridge
Mahogany neck with satin finish
Koa veneer on headstock with bloodwood accent
Taylor Standard Carve neck profile
Shaded Edgeburst finish
Gotoh 510 Antique Gold tuners
Upper Bout Width - 11.75"
Waist - 11"
Lower Bout Width - 15.75"
Upper Bout Depth at Shoulder - 4"
Lower Bout Depth at End Pin - 5"

The actual build/purchase cost on this guitar was $6,800 (just 15 months ago), and again...the guitar is in mint 10/10 condition and looks unplayed.  Comes with Taylor Custom Brown case also in mint condition.

As stated, this guitar was just shy of $7K just last summer.  My asking price is $3,650 shipped to CONUS (buyer covers any PP fees that may apply).  Will be shipped via FedEx fully insured.

Prefer a straight sale, but may be enticed by other high-end guitars (no dreads or anything smaller than an 00).  Trade value is $4000.  This is the best deal on the forum right now - the soft guitar market is my loss and your gain - a $7K custom built-to-order Taylor for a fraction of what was paid new a few months ago.  Also interestd in McPherson, Goodall, upper-end Martins, etc. (no Bourgeois...just looking for something different after owning several of Dana's guitars).  Might also be tempted by a high-end electric such as Echopark, Gibson R9, Gibson Les Paul Custom + cash to me, Elliott, PRS Wood Library, or let me know what you have.

PM me with questions or trade offers.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:18:36 AM by Rockitman »

briguysm

• Yeah, I "play" guitar...
    • The Attic STL
Re: FSOT: 2015 Taylor Custom BTO Hawaiian Koa ~ One of a Kind~
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 04:25:27 PM »
I have a Sinker/Macassar/Koa BTO GA that I might be looking to trade. You can find the ad I put up a while back on here if you want to see pics.
2012 Taylor Custom GA BTO - Sinker/Macassar
1998 Taylor W-10
2018 Duesenberg Starplayer TV sparkle blue

Rockitman

Re: FSOT: 2015 Taylor Custom BTO Hawaiian Koa ~ One of a Kind~
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:36 PM »
Hello Briguysm....just sent you a PM in response to your post....    :D
Thanks.

Rockitman

Re: FSOT: 2015 Taylor Custom BTO ~ One of a Kind~ THANKSGIVING PRICE DROP!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »
THANKSGIVING MORNING BUMP BACK TO THE TOP FOR A HUGE PRICE DROP!!