Author Topic: Hello from Staffordshire, England  (Read 1006 times)

Tube Screamer

Hello from Staffordshire, England
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:20:37 AM »
Hi guys, 

I'm new to the forum, after recently purchasing a gorgeous 2002, US built Big Baby Taylor.  I really love these guitars (including the Baby).. I find their stripped down simplicity and charm so appealing to me, and that tone.. it really is something quite unique. 
I've been primarily an electric player over the years, although recently, I'm developing more and more fondness towards acoustic.  I think that the almost 'electric' neck, and heelless design of the Big Baby really lend themselves so well to someone who is more accustomed to electric guitars, and this is also one of the reasons I love them. 

This is actually my third Baby/Big Baby which I've owned over the years.. the other two being sold to fund another acquisition.. but I always regretted parting ways with them, and so I eventually set out to find myself another.  I have to say that this 2002, US built Big Baby is by far the best of the three, and I'm pretty certain that I'll never part with this one.. the first I owned was a brand new Mexican built Big Baby, and then I later purchased a pre owned, US built Baby.. but this one has aged so well over the past 14 years, with a lovely amber hue and tone to the Sitka Spruce top, and I'm very pleased to own one of these little gems once again.

Well thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to taking part in the forum.

Russ
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:29:10 AM by Tube Screamer »

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Hello from Staffordshire, England
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum Russ. I agree with you, those Big Baby's, GS mini's, etc. that have the simple look and satin finish are quite visually appealing. Not sure what it s about them, or if it's just that Taylor does it right, but they are beautiful in their design. Also, I can imagine what you are saying about the color of the top of your 2002 BB, as I have a 2002 414 that has aged to a gorgeous amber hue. Hang onto that "baby", sounds like it's pretty special.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:38:34 AM »
 Hi Russ. Welcome to the UTGF. I knew you were an electric guy. Cool screen name. 8) Glad you found us.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »
Hi Russ, welcome to the forum.  Love the screen name.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.