Author Topic: Hi from Hull, East Yorkshire, UK  (Read 8669 times)

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Hi from Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 02:10:56 AM »
I think I've managed to upload some more fellrunning photo's onto my Flickr account.  I hope this is a hyperlink to the relevant web page http://www.flickr.com/photos/74131422@N04/sets/72157629030084693/.  It isn't always sunny, I just don't tend to get the camera out when its cloudy or raining!

Phil

Phil - I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your photos! I put them on slideshow and went through them several times! I am amazed at how steep and rocky the areas are that you do your running. For me, it would be a challenge to navigate some of those areas slowly, let alone at a run. You must be in extraordinary physical conditon to do what you do! The one photo of everyone making their way up the ridge - wow. Also, I hate to admit my geographical ignorance, but I did not realize that there were such mountainous areas in the UK. The vistas are breathtaking and I can see why doing an outdoor activity in such a beautiful place is so enjoyable. My family originally came from England and Ireland and I have always harbored a desire to go there someday. Your photos were a way for me to do that just now and meant a lot. Thank you very much, Phil :)

John
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce

Fellrunner

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 03:49:01 PM »
John,

I'm really glad you enjoyed the pictures - yes I run a lot (roughly 70 miles a week on hills), despite being 52 - I have the time now which I didn't when I was younger.  Between work, running and playing my Taylors I don't have much time for much else sometimes.

I don't know if you spotted but I put a caption on each photo.  Most were in Scotland but a few at the end weren't the UK.  You probably spotted the Grand Canyon (now that was a spectacular run to the Colorado River and back!) and a couple were Tazmania in Australia (we love to travel and I always take my running shoes).  We loved our trip to California and the west but I was sad we didn't make it to El Cajon - I'd love to take the tour round the Taylor factory (which of course gives us the perfect opportunity to go back).  We are probably going to New York in December for a conference - I bet there are some awesome Taylor dealers there!!  I'll have to try running up the Empire State Building whilst we are there, we took the lift (sorry elevator!) last time!!!

Phil

Phil
2001 Taylor 712ce (with 2016 ES2 retrofit)
2011 Taylor 812ce
2018 Taylor 514ce V class

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 05:18:41 PM »
Hi Phil,

On the slideshow mode I didn't see the captions but I did recognize those of the Grand Canyon. That must have been a blast for you to run all the way down and back up. And thanks for the info on where they were taken - just beautiful places you've been! I'm going to go back through and match up the location with the photos. Your pix make me want more than ever to get over to the UK for a visit sometime! If in your travels to the US, you pass through Southeast, Michigan, please let me know - there will be a nice dinner on me and we can hit up the local Taylor dealers  :)

John
2007 Taylor 612ce

Fellrunner

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 06:22:44 PM »
John,

Thanks for your kind offer (sorry for the slow response I've had couple of days holiday) - I'll have to check were Ann Arbor is in Michigan!  A roast dinner with Yorkshire pudding is on us if you ever make it out this way!

Phil
2001 Taylor 712ce (with 2016 ES2 retrofit)
2011 Taylor 812ce
2018 Taylor 514ce V class

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 03:25:04 AM »
John,

Thanks for your kind offer (sorry for the slow response I've had couple of days holiday) - I'll have to check were Ann Arbor is in Michigan!  A roast dinner with Yorkshire pudding is on us if you ever make it out this way!

Phil

Thanks Phil! Please do let me know if you're in the area and I'll certainly do the same if I travel to your region  :)
2007 Taylor 612ce

Satsuki

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »
Hey Phil! great to have you on board!