Author Topic: Greetings fellow wood and steel lovers from NY!  (Read 1739 times)

GuitarRick

Greetings fellow wood and steel lovers from NY!
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:53 AM »
Recently joined and migrated from AGF.  I had followed that board for a while and joined only to learn a week or so later that they were discontinuing the Taylor section  :-\

I was happy to learn about UTGF and jumped in!

I have ben playing for almost 30 years and purchased my first Taylor in the mid '90's with a 410 (no bridge pins), That guitar just sounds better with each passing year. Last year I took the long journey to buy a guitar again and went the BTO route.  I ended up with a AA premium wood 816ce with a few extra specials: maple mini-wedge and v-carve neck for example. It was the guiater of a lifetime...for me at least.  Well that was up until I walked into a music store and played the 2011 Fall Limited Koa!! Yikes, I bought it and can't put it down!

Looking forward to being part of your community in 2012!!
Taylor 410 (1995)
Taylor 2011 Fall Limitted

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Greetings fellow wood and steel lovers from NY!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:35:57 PM »
Hi GuitarRick. Nice to have you here and hope you'll join in our discussions! :)
Cindy

GuitarRick

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »
Thank you Cindy and I will do my best to contribute!
Taylor 410 (1995)
Taylor 2011 Fall Limitted

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »
Nice intro and interesting journey with your instruments.  Looking forward to hearing more.....
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

dsamuel24

• Moderation in moderation. :)
    • www.dustinsamuel.com
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »
Recently joined and migrated from AGF.  I had followed that board for a while and joined only to learn a week or so later that they were discontinuing the Taylor section  :-\  I was happy to learn about UTGF and jumped in!

I have ben playing for almost 30 years and purchased my first Taylor in the mid '90's with a 410 (no bridge pins), That guitar just sounds better with each passing year. Last year I took the long journey to buy a guitar again and went the BTO route.  I ended up with a AA premium wood 816ce with a few extra specials: maple mini-wedge and v-carve neck for example. It was the guiater of a lifetime...for me at least.  Well that was up until I walked into a music store and played the 2011 Fall Limited Koa!! Yikes, I bought it and can't put it down!

It's guys like you that really chap my hide. EITHER your BTO or your Fall Limited would be most folks' dream guitar, and you have to go and have BOTH of them.  ;D  (That may have sounded funnier in my head...  :o )

I also have a couple Taylors, but mine are more pedestrian than your top end babies, even though mine are still quite nice. What I'd REALLY like to see are some PICS!!! Those babies must look amazing!

Welcome to the UTGF!
Taylor 615ce-L30 Hnyburst (2004) - FOR SALE
Taylor 615ce w/ES3 & TaylorSense (2000)
Taylor 315ce w/Black Tuner Buttons (2010)
Taylor 214ce-BLK w/Blk Tuner Buttons (2012)
Taylor GS Mini-LTD All Koa (2016)
Alvarez 5072 Jumbo (1994)
Ventura Mini Jumbo (2002)

John429

• Ann Arbor, MI
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »
Welcome, Rick. Neat to hear about your BTO experience - sounds like a wonderful guitar! Also, I can well imagine how nice your 410 sounds as it has aged. Glad you are here :)
2004 Taylor 614ce L30 (daughter's guitar)
2007 Taylor 612ce