Author Topic: Just out of curiosity how did you find this forum?  (Read 24380 times)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Just out of curiosity how did you find this forum?
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2017, 05:36:49 AM »
Welcome ParisTNDude, glad you joined us. This is a great forum.  ;)
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

magirus

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2017, 02:25:05 AM »
Having decided sometime towards the end of 2016 to make a determined effort to learn to play a guitar I bought a GS Mini Koa at the beginning of this year. Once I had it in my hands, and being delighted with it's playability, sound etc, I just knew those plastic bridge pins would have to go. The subsequent search for info re the pins was where I found this forum.

ParisTNDude

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »
Well.....welcome Marquis. You're definitely at the Taylor "place of knowledge". I've been playing Taylor guitars for 14 or 15 years and because each model sounds awesome, I find myself upgrading when I can and even buying a second when I don't really need it. Hey!, you wouldn't have much fun in life if you bought only the things you NEED!...right?

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »
Having decided sometime towards the end of 2016 to make a determined effort to learn to play a guitar I bought a GS Mini Koa at the beginning of this year. Once I had it in my hands, and being delighted with it's playability, sound etc, I just knew those plastic bridge pins would have to go. The subsequent search for info re the pins was where I found this forum.

welcome! i signed up for an online instructor too! been playing guitar for a long time but having an instructor will def help you take it to the next level

feel free to ask questions as needed!
1995 912C - englemann/eir
2009 xxxv-p - sitka/madagascar
2010 414ce - sitka/ovangkol (made on my wedding day!)
2011 914ce - cedar/eir
2014 martin 000-28 custom - adi/cocobolo
2017 BTO GC 12 fret - lutz/cocobolo
2019 BTO GC 12 fret - cedar/cocobolo
2019 sheeran w03 - cedar/santos rosewood
2019 lowden s35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/cocobolo
2020 lowden s35 12 fret alpine spruce/madagascar
2023 lowden wee wl-35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/madagascar
2023 martin 00-28 modern deluxe - sitka/eir

mandoloonie

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2017, 12:14:54 AM »
Google   Searched for a Taylor Guitar Forum

audioguy

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2017, 12:19:02 AM »
A Google search for "Taylor guitar forum". (seriously)

Knight

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2017, 01:05:37 PM »
Thought AGF was only forum so made many attempts to be AGF member but membership failed , and failed. Then I found your forum and membership was easily completed. Thanks for the constant hard work of operating a forum.
Taylor 322                                     (2016)
Taylor 320e                                     (2017)
Martin LXK2                                     (2015)
Martin Road Series 000RS1           (2015)
Guild Mark IV r                                 (1966)
Baldwin Baby Grand             (1955)

Epic Audio

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2017, 11:07:47 AM »
I was a member of the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum. When I bought a Taylor I looked to see if there was an equivalent UTGF, and there is was!

TG

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2017, 11:13:47 PM »
Google leads to all things...

I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy a koa guitar and looking for opinions of owners of one, this place showed up in the search results.
1992 Taylor 410
2014 Taylor 214dlxCE
2016 Taylor 816CE
2017 Taylor K26CE
1995 Guild JF30-12
2007 Fender Jimmy Vaughan Strat
2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio

dyoung

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2017, 08:14:13 AM »
I am a Taylor owner and searched out a forum to try and sell the guitar.  What better place than a group dedicated to the brand!
1990 Taylor 615
1995 Martin HD-28
1956 Gibson LG-1

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »
I am a Taylor owner and searched out a forum to try and sell the guitar.  What better place than a group dedicated to the brand!
Welcome. We hope members join, so they can participate. That is the purpose of this forum, sharing information and learning about Taylor guitars.  If you are joining JUST to try to sell a guitar, you might want to check out the marketplace rules.
http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum.com/index.php?topic=2296.0
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

cotten

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2017, 01:24:13 AM »
I had been a moderator over on the AGF for a long time, even back when we were the Taylor Guitar Forum. For a number of years after we became the "Acoustic Guitar Forum," out of respect for our roots we maintained a sub-forum we called the "Taylor Guitar Forum." It was the only sub-forum dedicated to a single manufacturer. There was nothing equivalent for Martin, Gibson, et al. After a while, the owner decided it was time to simply fold Taylor discussions in with "General Acoustic Guitar Discussion." This was fine with a lot of folks, but we had a good number of people, Josh included, who would rather keep the focus mainly on Taylors. So he decided to start this place. It wasn't out of anger or malice on anyone's part. In fact, Josh and I talked for a good while about structuring his own forum. He didn't exactly model his new forum after the AGF, but he certainly incorporated some of its best ideas. He went about setting this place up in all the right ways. Now, several years later, it's clear that first laying a strong, carefully considered foundation has made for solid, steady growth.

I later resigned my AGF duties, and stayed away for a while. I'm back over there occasionally now, and am pleased to see things running smoothly. It's still a great forum, though with over 100,000 members now, can't compete with close knit camaraderie felt here, especially among our regulars. That's to be expected, and is certainly no slam to either forum. I've only recently begun checking in here again, and I love the atmosphere, the information, inspiration, and the entertainment that is today's UTGF! (Good to see so many friends in both forums.)

Great job, Josh and company! You've created exactly the kind of community Josh first envisioned, a great place for Taylor guitar lovers to hang out together. I'm enjoying the conversation!

cotten 
Soli Deo Gloria

Cabarone

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »
When my passion for playing was recently rekindled I knew pretty quick I wanted to build a stable of 12 strings and wanted one of them to be a Taylor. Soooo, I googled "Taylor Guitar Forum" and here I am!

That and I was stalking Cotten... ::)
'65 Gibson B45 12 String
'91 Guild F25 ce NT
'96 Martin SPD16T
'13 Taylor 455 ce

ronsongz

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
I saw this forum mentioned on the AGF and UMGF, and since I had just
bought a Taylor, figured this would be a fun place for me.

Ron

Vindibona1

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2017, 05:10:19 PM »
Just Googled Taylor Guitar Forum one day to see if there was one and this popped up. All simply out of curiosity.