Author Topic: The Taylor DMSM Dave Matthews Production #'s  (Read 3719 times)

6stringmusic

The Taylor DMSM Dave Matthews Production #'s
« on: February 17, 2016, 01:59:32 PM »
So I used to have one of these and foolishly sold it shortly after due to financial hardships.  I just got another that hasn't arrived yet, that I am buying used off an individual.  So....in all the excitement, I decided to call Taylor to see if they ever finalized the actual production numbers.

I was just told that they produced just 424 of these from 2009 to 2013. In 2009, they produced 6, in 2010 they cranked out 353, in 2011 they did 28, in 2012 they did another 36, and in 2013 they did just 1.  Pretty cool!

So although initially it was not a limited edition but a signature edition, it is now officially a limited edition of just 424 pieces worldwide...personally signed by Dave too on both the label and the Certificate of Authenticity. So very glad to be getting another in Mint condition.  This one is staying with me!!!

Cheers! 8)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:04:46 PM by 6stringmusic »

6stringmusic

Re: The Taylor DMSM Dave Matthews Production #'s
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 10:55:57 PM »

Redwood Tree

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »
Hey sixstringmagic
 Congrats, on get one back !   8)
 Thank you you posting the production #s, thats the first time I've heard them, only 400+ I've been wondering about this information myself, Thanks!
 I special ordered mine in 4th month of 2010 (no strap button, no ES , dark wood and wide grain top) , I Foolishly sold it also.
 I kept in touch with buyer asking to buy it back many times and after 2 years he said OK.

Mine bloomed into the most beautiful sounding 914 Taylor I've ever heard , And I've had scores of x14s. Guess i'm a rosewood guy.
  Here's a picture from 5years ago.

Love the sitka CV braced  Sitka top , with age toner.
  I'm hanging on to mine also, Just a great sounding guitar!
 Enjoy !
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:59:15 PM by Redwood Tree »
Tom
"So Many Taylors Not Enough Talant"

guitarsrsoawesome

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »
Wow!  Beautiful guitars, both of you.  And what a redemptive story, 6string, about a lost treasure being found again, although in a different guit.  Knowing the exact numbers produced is really interesting, too, and makes me wonder how many were made with the other signature guitars, such as Doyle Dykes, Steven Curtis Chapman, Taylor Swift, etc.
November 2013 Taylor 514ce ES2
November 2011 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany

6stringmusic

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
Redwood Tree:  That is AWESOME you could buy yours back.  Being a custom DMSM without electronics is WAY harder to get back.  Hell, finding another one of these in MINT condition is hard enough, yet alone without electronics.  At a $5k+ retail, I figured it would be low production numbers, but when I bought mine new a few years ago they were still being produced, so there was no way to know.

With the recent acquisition ( which arrives tomorrow BTW) I felt compelled to call Taylor and ask now that they are officially discontinued.  The Taylor rep not only gave me the total, but a production breakout by year, which I thought was cool.  The one I just acquired is one of the original 6 produced in 2009!  What I like about that is also the fact that my signatures on BOTH the guitar and COA are signed BOLDLY in nice thick sharpie, versus pen.  Check additional pics below.

Guitarssoaweome:  all you have to do is call Taylor and they can look up exact model production. :P

Cheers!  8)

guitarsrsoawesome

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
COA Signed: AnHes

LOL.  Both he a Bob have doctor handwriting when it comes to their signatures.

6stringmusic

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 06:55:31 PM »
Dave starts his sig with the big D!  All I care about is that I have a signed guitar and COA the rest is gravy. 🎸🎤🎼🎧
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:34:18 PM by 6stringmusic »

guitarsrsoawesome

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 10:35:29 PM »
I had to look at it for a minute before I saw the D wrap around the whole signature...pretty cool!

6stringmusic

NGD: 2009 Taylor DMSM
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 11:16:57 PM »
 8) Just got my new (to me) 2009 Dave Matthews DMSM today!  Man, I couldn't put this sucker down!  Wowza!  And it sounds great with my Fishman Loudbox Mini! "Yes indeed!!!"

guitarsrsoawesome

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 12:18:16 PM »
So awesome.  So glad you're so happy with it.  You never know buying one sight-unseen if it's going to live up to your standards (though most Taylors do).  I also have a Loudbox mini that I love and even use it as a DI on stage on when playing through a PA because it's so clean.  Enjoy!

6stringmusic

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 09:43:33 PM »
Na Na Na Na!  Love it!

Nicky Midss

• celebrate we will...
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »
Nice man

I'm a big Dave fan so I have a regular 99 914c just like his.
-Nick

1998 914c - Engelmann/Rosewood