Author Topic: My Taylors Have A New Adopted Baby Brother  (Read 679 times)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
My Taylors Have A New Adopted Baby Brother
« on: May 19, 2015, 05:51:04 PM »
My second love is mountain dulcimer. As a result, I attend several dulcimer festivals. Dulcimer players are generally the friendliest people you'll meet and the festivals always have uke jams. Crazy fun! Anyway, I have been attending the uke jams with, what else, a uke. But, I've always missed the lower two strings, since I'm an avid fingerstyle player. Then I discovered this:
https://vimeo.com/126760601

I picked up the Rosewood model.....this thing is fun! It's a great travel companion, when even the GS Mini is too big. It's got wonderful tone and the intonation is spot on. The sustain isn't too bad for a little nylon string guitar or guilele, whatever you want to call it. It is strung with Aquila strings in A tuning. Cordoba is coming out with a set of Aquila strings in E tuning this summer. My Taylors don't know what to think of this black sheep of the family, but they are pretty accepting. ;D
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

guitarsrsoawesome

• Veteran Member
Re: My Taylors Have A New Adopted Baby Brother
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 07:04:15 PM »
That's really cool, TaylorGirl.  That should be loads of fun for your fingerstyle within the uke jams.  The added bass tones you'll have should round things out well!
November 2013 Taylor 514ce ES2
November 2011 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany