Poll

Did you replace your saddle?

I replaced my saddle with bone and I am happy
I replaced my saddle with ivory or wahi or fwi and I am happy
I tried replacing but went back to Tsuq
I replaced it but heard no difference
Why try to fix that aint broke? I kept Tsuq and never attempted to change it

Author Topic: Did you replace your saddle on your guitar or keep the original Tsuq?  (Read 5847 times)

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
Re: Did you replace your saddle on your guitar or keep the original Tsuq?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »
I always buy my guitars because I like the tone as they come.  The only time I've ever switched from the factory saddle or nut or bridge pins was when they were too worn, a pickup was added, or damaged by some ham-handed person doing a set-up (sometimes that was me early on).  I don't recall hearing much difference with other materials, but I get that others hear it.  Whatever floats your boat.....

I have replaced Tusq with Tusq on several occasions, and I have made bone compensated saddles too.  I have only replaced bridge pins for purely cosmetic reasons.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

John

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 10:42:14 AM »
I've always kept whatever saddle and nut my guitar came with...some with tusq and some with bone.  I liked the way the guitars sounded when I bought them and figured there wasn't any need to change things.

Same here.
Yup Me too.
2013 Taylor 512ce 12 fret
Takamine 132sc - Classical
Fender Strat

gruuv

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 01:07:27 PM »
I've considered swapping the nut/saddle on my 612 with bone or fwi, but in the end went the same direction as flaggerphil.  I am curious as to how discernible the difference in tone, responsiveness, etc... would be though.

John

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 01:58:20 PM »
I've always kept whatever saddle and nut my guitar came with...some with tusq and some with bone.  I liked the way the guitars sounded when I bought them and figured there wasn't any need to change things.

Same here.
Me too - That just about describes it.
2013 Taylor 512ce 12 fret
Takamine 132sc - Classical
Fender Strat