Author Topic: Unplanned meeting of Taylors  (Read 1057 times)

Dulcilo

Unplanned meeting of Taylors
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
 Amateur musicians from all over the country converge on Bardstown KY annually for Kentucky Music Week in June. In the beginner's guitar class taught by Sue Massek (Reel World String Band) three students, including me, had arrived with our Taylor GSMinis. Two other students who were struggling with their guitars went out to a music store after the first day of classes and came back the next morning with their own new Taylors. I thought you would enjoy this photo of the Taylor owners, which includes the teacher, from this class.

Beginning Guitar Class at KMW 2014 with teacher Sue Massek

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Unplanned meeting of Taylors
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
Awesome photo! Now that's what I call a classy guitar class!
One of these days I'm going to make it down to KMW. I hear a lot about it. I'll be seeing Martha Richards at Evart again this year (I see her and her sister every year up here). I think she's also an instructor at KMW, if I'm not mistaken. She teaches hammered dulcimer.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Dulcilo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »
KMW is unique. It is an intense week--one can get up to 25 hr of instruction in practically any acoustic instrument, then there are the evening concerts by the performers/instructors, and jamming into all hours of the night. The best part is getting to play with and meet so many like-minded people from all over the country. If you like traditional music, and are still a "learner", you should attend this event at least once in your lifetime. Next years dates haven't been announced yet, but you can check the Kentucky Music Week website for details.

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 08:30:33 PM »
KMW is unique. It is an intense week--one can get up to 25 hr of instruction in practically any acoustic instrument, then there are the evening concerts by the performers/instructors, and jamming into all hours of the night. The best part is getting to play with and meet so many like-minded people from all over the country. If you like traditional music, and are still a "learner", you should attend this event at least once in your lifetime. Next years dates haven't been announced yet, but you can check the Kentucky Music Week website for details.

I know what you mean.  In two weeks I'm going to the Puget Sound Guitar Workshop (my third time attending), and I'm really looking forward to it.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke