Author Topic: 1994 Taylor 910 Original Hardshell Case  (Read 1329 times)

Aurelius

1994 Taylor 910 Original Hardshell Case
« on: July 02, 2014, 11:35:07 AM »
Hi all,
I've owned and loved a 1994 Taylor 910 for quite a while,  never posted on here before. Glad to be a part of this community! I've been struggling to get this question answered, hoping somewhere here can help me out.
I have the original brown hardshell case that came with the guitar (a great case!). However, a friend's dog attacked the case and ripped it up badly. While I was pretty upset at the dog, I can't tell you how happy I was that it wasn't the guitar!!
Anyways, here is my question: Does anyone know of a place to purchase the original cases? Is there an actual make/model number of the case itself? I've tried eBay but have had no luck. Also, can you tell me the name/body style of that generation Taylor 910? It's the classic dreadnought shape.
Appreciate any help anyone can give!

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
Re: 1994 Taylor 910 Original Hardshell Case
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »
the period correct case will have a smooth brown tolex covering, 4 small (if i remember correctly)
brass latches, red low-nap lining, a brass plaque (Taylor Quality Guitars El Cajon, CA) & leather handle) -
hopefully only damage to the case covering was done & that the case still protects the guitar as designed

your 910 has more of a square shoulder silhouette, kind of gibson hummingbird-esque -
the dreadnought body was redesigned in 97, with more curved D28-esque shoulders
to bring the aesthetics more in-line with the curvier grand auditorium shape

the newer cases, made in tecate, currently have a model #(300-110), but the dreadnought
case is designed for the 97-later models, which will have a snug fit for the upper bout,
which will likely result in the lining & padding being compressed quite a bit in that area

hope this helps &

WELCOME ! ! !
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/