Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories > Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories

GS Mini Black Pickguard

<< < (2/5) > >>

BathTimeStrummer:
That's exciting. The only thing I would change about my HV would be a black pickguard. I have one on my 316ce and it looks great. Thanks for the heads-up!

BathTimeStrummer:
Ordered! That must be new, I swear I've looked for that before! I have a date with a hair dryer and some dental floss--thankfully all found in the bathroom where I play!

CodeBlueEMT:
 I like the look of the black pickguard, but prefer the "no pickguard" option.     

Geez:

--- Quote from: CodeBlueEMT on May 02, 2014, 12:56:07 AM --- I like the look of the black pickguard, but prefer the "no pickguard" option.     

--- End quote ---

I agree that my '13 Spring LTD looks GREAT without a pickguard, I'd be willing to bet that it would be a tough chore to remove an existing one without some sort of shadowing on the guitar. I'm looking forward to switching over to the black one when it comes in.

stepchildusmc:

--- Quote from: Geez on May 02, 2014, 12:18:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: CodeBlueEMT on May 02, 2014, 12:56:07 AM --- I like the look of the black pickguard, but prefer the "no pickguard" option.     

--- End quote ---

I agree that my '13 Spring LTD looks GREAT without a pickguard, I'd be willing to bet that it would be a tough chore to remove an existing one without some sort of shadowing on the guitar. I'm looking forward to switching over to the black one when it comes in.

--- End quote ---
if it isn't too old, it shouldn't have any shadowing. i took off the pickguards off all my minis( only guitar i have one on still is my 324...black of course !). it only took about 10 seconds of low heating with a hairdryer and it pulled up easily. any residual glue just rolled off once it cooled leaving no marks. the dental floss would be good to use if you lack patience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version