Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories > Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories

GS Mini Black Pickguard

<< < (5/5)

BathTimeStrummer:
Removal/installation was really easy. Patience is key. Residue cleanup was easy too. A little bit of WD-40 on my fingertips and it rolled right off. Looks really cool. Results below...

TaylorGirl:
BTS, very nice! I like these black pickguards if one chooses to have a pickguard.

mgap:
The black pick guard does look good on these GS Mini's.  It gives them a little different look, I still prefer the tortoise shell look best.  I have had Martins with black pg. and it looked fine. I have and have had guitars with out any pg. they look fine too, but I am still a fan of the original Taylor look.

BathTimeStrummer:
Finished the rest of my current round of upgrades to my mini. Black pickguard, Gotoh 510 minis (aged gold), ebony pins with MOP inlay. Working on a custom TRC from Nichols, but I'm taking my time with that. I love it even more!

dscottyg:
I am way late to the game, about nine years. 2023, and I got my first GS mini.  I was searching to see why Taylor changed the tortoise pickguard to a black one on the stock GS-Mini. I’m thinking it’s because lots of people had the same sentiment and prefer the black.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version