Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories > Lessons, Recordings, How Tos, Repair, Accessories

GS Mini Black Pickguard

(1/5) > >>

TaylorGirl:
I noticed that a black pickguard for the GS Mini is available through Taylor. Recently on the other guitar forum I saw a picture of a spruce mini where the owner swaped out the tortoise pickguard for a black one. It looked pretty cool. Has anyone here done that, either on a spruce or a mahogany mini? Actually, I'm thinking a black pickguard on a mahogany might look sharp. Thoughts?  If I got a mahogany mini, I'd be inclined to remove the tortoise pickguard for sure. Don't know if I have the guts to do it myself, though.

Geez:
I haven't seen the black pick guard, but I did want to try out a Pearse Arm Rest and so I put a black one of those on my spruce mini.  It looks really good (IMHO) and works as advertised.  I haven't had the nerve to add one to any of my fullsized Taylors but I'm going to look for that pick guard.  I think it will be a really looking add on the spruce mini.  Thanks for the heads up.

TaylorGirl:

--- Quote from: Geez on May 01, 2014, 04:27:36 PM ---I haven't seen the black pick guard, but I did want to try out a Pearse Arm Rest and so I put a black one of those on my spruce mini.  It looks really good (IMHO) and works as advertised.  I haven't had the nerve to add one to any of my fullsized Taylors but I'm going to look for that pick guard.  I think it will be a really looking add on the spruce mini.  Thanks for the heads up.

--- End quote ---
Here's the pic I saw of the guy's spruce mini..

Geez:
Here's my mini with the arm rest (if I did that right).

Geez:
I just ordered one! Thanks again for the heads up. I think it looks pretty cool!   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version